Gateway for Malaysia

Hi @boon1 i really busy lately,doing some RND ,:weary:
Yup its dual channel ,i use 2 lora combine for mesh network im using TDMA to sync with network,as i dont have sx1301 documentation.anyone have please share really need it :wink:

hi @jemie_kb yes 433mhz has interference but the noise you can filter it with antenna or use short datapacket(payload),using 433mhz is good for long range and small packet data(please correct me as i new to LoRa :grin:)

FPV range calculator:

Hi, I’m interested to try the Lora and TTN, before going out to buy a device (node), I would like to check what frequency the gateways (around KL/PJ area) are currently operating at? Should I get the 433MHz or ~915MHz device since the 869MHz would probably not be legal soon?

im also interested in loraWan. im in Shah Alam, did u manage to bring up a gateway here @phangmoh?

where do you guys bought lora module for 915 Mhz?

Not yet but going to after I release the update on my LoRaWAN board to be more compatible with TTN. Will be using a RisingHF board with a Raspberry Pi. I’m going to put it up on my house roof in Setia Alam. :grin:
I’ll be making a 868 MHz version first in December then another at 915 MHz in January I guess.

For RFM95W 915 MHz, I bought mine direct from HopeRF as I use them for production. If RN2903, it is still not available widely but Microchipdirect has some of it but it is labelled with firmware 0.95. So, I’m not sure whether the new firmware is ready for the 915 MHz version (RN2903). You can get the 868 MHz (RN2483) from Element-14 without the custom/SIRIM hassle.

@phangmoh I got a 915 MHz RisingHF gateway and it worked very well though it was a little bit tricky to get it up and running. You can find some hints here if you encountered any problem after getting the boards.

@boon thanks a bunch. Yes I have read that. The RisingHF concentrate their work with Loriot primarily due to their main business in China. So, wouldn’t expect much from them on the documents to work with TTN.

@phangmoh No worry. I will also share the global configuration file for Malaysian band shortly. So, the community in Malaysia can make use of it.

By the way, do let me know when you are around Cheras during weekday. I would love to meet you for a mamak talk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,anyone join this conference http://www.selangorsmartcity2016.com/?

hi phang,
could we test your gateway in Setia Alam… i am next to you in Alam Budiman seks u10. Thanks

I doubt that it will reach there. I have tested with a pair of RFM95W (not SX1301 based), at most it reaches the curve along the Setia Perdana road. Further than that, I believe it’s being block by the high rise building. And it was spotty too at along there due to the hilly surrounding. Once the gateway is live, I will put a notice here. Still busy with a host of other things at the moment.

hi phang, should we have some teh tarik session? since our place is very near. looking fwd:-)

@boon, is global configuration file for Malaysia band ready?

Not yet I’m afraid. I fried my gateway module and need to order a new one.

1 Like

Never mind, it is okay. Is it RisingHF module? Currently I am testing this module. Without global conf for Malaysia band, I am using US one.

Yes, it’s risinghf. Are you guys planning to resell that in Malaysia?

This I am not quite sure, decision will depend on my findings and my superiors as well.

I am testing it and so far uplink works good. For downlink, I experience some data lost if using Arduino LMIC library ported on Arduino board. If using Microchip RN modules for LoRa nodes, both uplink and downlink work fine.

Will continue some tests too see how reliable it is :slight_smile: I will share the result of the testing.

Probably due to the mismatch of 2nd receive window time on the Arduino, it has been discussed somewhere in this forum. You could widen the reception window by a small margin as a start. My other guess would be the accuracy of the crystal on RFM95.

Hi,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Mu.Pathma, repesenting Promosys Technology (M) Sdn. Bhd.

I am one of the founder of Promosys and we started operation in 2004, with the aim it design, devleop and manufacture Monitoring Solution, the name Promosys actually stand for PROceses MOnitoring SYStem.

I have been closing following on LoRa and SigFox, with recent development in LoRa within Malaysia, we looking forward to develop commercially viable business using LoRa Platform.

While searching google I bumped into TTN, very much interested to find alot of great individual within LoRa Community in Malaysia.

As of now, we do not have any product or solution done on LoRa, I am communicating with Atilze but nothing been firmed up.

Thats all for now, anyone wanted to connect with me can do so at mpathma@gmail.com or Whatapps to zero one two two one three five three three nine.

@mpathma nice to meet you and glad that you are interested on TTN and LoRaWAN. I saw you mentioned about your application somewhere which requires more than 1400 messages per day. Do let us know if you have any questions.