Making RFM95 breadboard friendly

Made a breadboad friendly RFM95 using a 16 pin dil IC socket

2 Likes

or the (esp8266) adapter plate method

2 Likes

I use 2.0mm headers and 2.0mm to 2.54mm dupont cables

3 Likes

Problem with 2.00 to 2.54 dupontcable is that on the 2.00 side they’re by two and measure 4.29mm so you can’t fit four of them to cover all the 8 pins. But it’s ok if you don’t need all the pins on a given side.

I soldered a 2.54 mm header with long pins bending them with a plier before to adjust to 2.00 mm spaces. The long pins fit well in breadboards and dupont cables.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: BIG product placement allowed topic

My solution (soldered 2.0mm male long pins) :

P0113_281017

P0112_281017

3 Likes

moulo%20lora

1 Like

Just do it.
IMG_20180512_190008

4 Likes

Very nice board!! You have eagle files to share?

1 Like

I did not use eagle program to make this PCB. You can order this pcb on Tindie in a few days as 3.5US$ included shipping cost.

2 Likes

They send to Brazil - Rio de Janeiro?

I hope so. Send personal message to me about your address. I will try to send a sample PCB to you.

1 Like

See here for $6.99 breadboard friendly SX1276 (RFM95) module:

Is it free shipping worldwide or only US?

Shipping is from Taiwan so free shipping is probably not restricted to US only.
You can click the link and check it yourself.

Another option for Arduino UNO (and compatibles) is this special dual-pitch prototyping PCB shield:

The antenna RF path is critical. Adding multiple paths to the antenna pad like here (SMA, header pin, wire hole) is not good and none of these paths is shielded. Each path will act like a small antenna. This results in impedance mismatch and (possibly major) RF losses.

1 Like

Cutting the tracks leading to unused options close to the mounting pad should help but otherwise agree :wink: