The WORKBENCH part 1

yes wednesday is GPS day… you know that :sunglasses:

always a problem those ceramic antenna’s… sometimes they are allready mounted on the backside of the GPS module… sometimes they come with a IPX u. fl MALE to RP-SMA cable, in both cases very difficult to mount in/on a non plastic enclosure outdoor handheld device.
Did you noticed that the metal part is rusting after a while ?

So I am gonna test this one

another thing I have been thinking about today , and I write it down here is this :

if you need an accurate timestamp and you have a GPS module in your gateway, what happends to LoRaWAN when the GPS is jammed ?

diy GPS Jammer Using a Satellite Tuner

very well ventilated !

1 Like

Heh :slight_smile: Well, I can mod the design easily enough, I figured better having too many holes at first rather than too few :wink:

Its a good thing , I like the enclosure , how long did it take to print ?
every year I think, I should buy/build a 3D printer … but then the next day I think… ‘why ?’

several TTN’ers are into ’ 3d printing’ … maybe someone wants to start a 3D printing thread with tips and tricks ? :sunglasses: I would love to see that

That case at medium quality was about 4 hours?

I like the combination of electronics, programming, networking, manual work (soldering and assembly) and design/printing. Put them all together and you can come up with some pretty cool things!

I see that @pixelchain started the 3D printing thread… great !

ordered 2 x RN2483A today for next day delivery from FARNELL

just got mail, more then 100 in stock but they can’t deliver because of import restrictions ???:scream:

Your freeboard™ account is changing … its no longer free

In 2017, our user growth exploded. While we are thrilled by the usage, it has also significantly increased our hosting costs.
As a result, it’s become impossible for us to continue offering a free-forever, hosted option.
Instead, new users will receive a free, 30-day trial period, after which they will be asked to purchase one of our affordable plans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

freeboard

idea : mini desktop office LoRaWAN air quality node

x721

material :
CCS811 Carbon Monoxide CO VOCs Air Quality Numerical Gas Sensor for arduino
want to build that in a little closed ‘box’ and sucking the ‘old’ air out just before measuring with this
DC3V Micro Vacuum Pump Super Mini Air Pump

that’s also an argument for buying/building a 3D printer … I need that little special enclosure :sunglasses:

1 Like

FYI you need to take some extra steps (for instance epoxy or varnish application) with an FDM printed object if you want to get sure of it being air-tight - and it’s the same for water by the way.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why do you need a pump ?

Just buy a printer dude. You know you’re trying to talk yourself into it :wink:

2 Likes

LOL… so true :rofl:

1 Like

to be honest… after ordering the sensor I landed on that pump page… and I thought,’ if I can make a little box with on one side a valve (little flap of rubber) and on the other side the pump intake, I can control and refresh the air intake, that’s sometimes a problem with air quality sensors that are outside and in the open air… just for experimenting :sunglasses:

and maybe autotrigger then something like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/D20mm-113KHz-Ultrasonic-Mist-Maker-Atomizing-Fogger-Ceramic-Humidifier-With-PCB/332141577610

It‘s not possible to distinguish between CO and CO2 with this sensor
It measures CO2 and TVOC, nothing else, according the data sheets.
In a well „naturally“ ventilated sensor box it‘s not needed to actively blow through it (reduces power consumption)

Does anyone have recommendation on how to measure water level in a concrete water tank in a simple way?
Something like that:

I have seen quite a lot of projects, but nothing really appealing for my use case.

Best I have seen is with pressure sensors, but it is definitely not the easiest to put in place…
Most common are with distance sensors (ultrasonic), but I’m afraid it does not work well in humid environment…

1 Like

sure, but I was not planning on battery operation.
I don’t know if you can distinquish bad and good air quality with this sensor as advertised… let’s find out

you need to know the exact level ?.. so a simple floating switch will not work for you ?
one for an almost empty tank and one for a full tank switching of the pump.

or non contact sensors

liquidsensor
Non-Contact Liquid Level Sensor

Not 100% exact, but a good approximation – I am not looking at ‘alerts’, but more real time monitoring of the level.
(‘real time’ in the LoRa spirit – like every hour or so)

These guys have a solution (ultrasonic based).
https://www.decentlab.com/products/ultrasonic-sensor
Not sure which sensor they are using

Edit:
Mmmmh…

Maybe this – not very cheap :roll_eyes:

don’t know if you can build something yourself… but this is an interesting idea, just connect some electronics to it :sunglasses: