Big milestone for the community overnight as we blasted through 1,000,000 packets carried by the local network. We also peaked at a staggering 10700 packets per hour at some point - I gather that means this was a big success?
Probably a good opportunity to remind everyone that TTN has a (not very well documented) Fair Access Policy. Not only is it a handy way to ensure the network performs well, it's a great way to ensure you're complying with the legal spectrum usage requirements laid out by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). In summary:
- Golden rule: 30 seconds air-time per device per day
- For 10 bytes of payload, this translates to approximately:
- 20 messages per day at SF12
- 500 messages per day at SF7
- Downlink bandwidth is even more restricted
- you can’t send all messages as ‘confirmed uplink’