What is a Things Conference keynote?
The Things Conference is not your average IoT conference. At The Things Conference, we pull together and inspire the LoRaWAN ecosystem through thought-provoking keynotes, engaging workshops and interactive side sessions where speakers can show the most impactful developments related to their technology.
We are looking for value-driven keynotes at The Things Conference. This means, we don’t want information you can simply find on Google. We are looking for real insider insights from professionals or enthusiasts in the industry on overcoming challenges – whether developmental or economic. This also means we simply don’t want product or company presentations.
Why should I apply?
The Things Conference is the world’s largest LoRaWAN conference. We are expecting 2000 people from 50+ countries, giving you an instant worldwide exposure to dedicated LoRaWAN professionals. Keynotes will also be recorded and shared within our networks, allowing your keynotes to reach an audience upwards of 100 000 people.
When submitting your proposal for activity hosting at The Things Conference, consider the following guidelines:
- Choose your topic
Choose the topic that you would like to organize an activity for. Try to present your topic with the most unique, objective perspective available as this will create the most value for audience members. You should also convey why you believe your story is significant.
- Choose your format
Once you have chosen your topic, you will have to choose your format. The options for choosing formats are keynotes, workshops or interactive side-sessions, please provide as much detail as possible.
Keynotes – Keynotes are talks given on one of our stages, often accompanied with presentations and sometimes co-speakers.
Workshops – Workshops are interactive, hands-on sessions where 20 attendees can take an in-depth look together with an instructor at specific developmental challenges and learn how to overcome them.
Side-sessions – Side-sessions are small sessions where groups of attendees can take part in an interactive discussion with each other, provoking dialogues on key development or market trends.
- Fill out the form
After deciding on all of the above, you can proceed to filling out our form (see the bottom of this page). We have also left a few options for open-ended remarks and we urge you to use them if you would like most customization for your keynote.
- All speakers receive a free speaker pass and a +1 ticket to the event.
- There are no costs to speak at the event.
- If selected, the costs relating to logistics (travel, accommodation, etc.) are to be covered by the speakers themselves.
- Content has to be original, new, or if you are a returning speaker, content has to be adjusted for this event.
- When representing a company, it is allowed to use 1 slide to present the company.
- Each session can have co-speakers but these have to be informed well in advance.
- Proposals will be selected based on the value the proposed idea provides to audiences and speakers involved.
- Changes in subject or speakers have to be coordinated with the conference organization team and could lead to session cancellation.
- Spaces are limited for keynotes so some proposals might be offered slots as part of different formats to those proposed.
- Once offers are accepted and speakers and session content confirmed, we will add these session/speaker to our conference website.
- Also, please refer to our code of conduct for more general conference conduct.