The integration process reports metrics to AWS CloudWatch. These metrics include thing registry synchronization numbers, uplink and downlink messages, reported thing shadow states and sent shadow deltas. This guide walks you through viewing these metrics in AWS CloudWatch.
- Log in to the AWS Management Console
- In Services under Management Tools, go to CloudWatch
- Click Browse Metrics
- Under Custom Namespaces, go to TheThingsNetwork/Integration
- Click AppID, DiscoveryServer to view the metrics from the integration
Selecting the metrics of interest adds them to the chart
- In Graphed metrics change the Statistic to Sum to view count per time interval.
- MessagesReceived indicates the number of uplink messages
- MessagesSent indicates the number of downlink messages
- ShadowStatesReported indicates the number of thing shadow states reported
- ShadowDeltasSent indicates the number of thing shadow deltas sent
- ThingsCreatedInAWS indicates the number of device from The Things Network that are created as things in AWS IoT
- ThingsCreatedInTTN indicates the number of AWS IoT things that are created as devices in The Things Network
- ThingUpdatesInTTN indicates the number of AWS IoT thing updates that are applied to the device in The Things Network