Device Firmware Upgrading
If the firmware version of your RAK811 LoRa® Breakout Module is newer than V184.108.40.206 or you have just burned the bootloader into RAK811 LoRa® Breakout Module according to the Burning Bootloader into the Device section, you just need to burn the upgrade firmware according to the following steps now:
- Using the RAK Serial Port Tool, type the command below to let the RAK811 LoRa® Breakout Module work in boot mode.
- Next, close the RAK Serial Port Tool and download the RAK Upgrade Tool from this website. Then, open the tool.
- Click “Choose File” button to choose the correct upgrade file:
- Click “Start” to upgrade, this may take a minute:
- Now, close the Upgrade Tool and open your chosen Serial Port Tool.
- We recommend you to use RAK serial port tool, because there are built-in AT commands in this tool and this will be very useful for you. You can get it from RAK website available for free at this RAK directory.
- Choose the correct COM port and set the baud rate to 115200. Then open the serial port and enter the AT command provided below to restart.
Congrats! This information means that you have upgraded successfully the new firmware.