The Wirnet iBTS is the carrier-grade, high capacity gateway. It is based on Semtech’s gateway reference design v2 and can be used for GPS-free geolocalization services.
The Wirnet iBTS has a modular architecture allowing you to configure and upgrade the gateway to according to your needs. Thanks to the modularity you are able to choose:
- The backhaul network: Ethernet or GPRS/EDGE/HSPA/CDMA/LTE
- The unlicensed band (ISM) where to operate the LoRa LPWAN: 868MHz, 902-928MHz or 915-928MHz
- The number of channels to operate the LoRa LPWAN: 8 to 64
- The antenna interface: single (omnidirectional), dual (space diversity or dual polarization) or tri (sectorization)
or Legacy documentation (for the legacy 3.x branch of the KerOS firmware) You do need to request a login and password from Kerlink by providing your gateway serial number
1. Connecting to the gateway
You can either connect to the gateways via SSH, or via the Wirma2 Debug Tool. More info.
Once you are connected to the gateway, log in with
pdmk-$serialno as credentials. The
$serialno equals the 6 last characters of its serial number (CPU module, starts with
For security reasons, it is highly recommended to change the password. You can do so with the command:
passwd. More info.
Connect via SSH
Remote LAN connection
- Using SSH: Start an SSH client (typically Putty on Windows) using port 22 and the gateway’s IP address obtained from the DHCP server.
- Using SFTP: Start a SFTP client (typically WinSCP on Windows) using the gateway’s IP address obtained from the DHCP server.
You can connect you laptop directly to the gateway via the LOCAL port.
- If you have an DHCP server: Start an ssh client on port 22 and use the gateway’s IP address obtained from the DHCP server.
- You don’t have a DHCP server: Configure your PC Ethernet card to use
192.168.1.100(netmask: 255.255.255.0) and start a ssh client on port 22 and using the gateway default LOCAL IP address which is
Install and configure the gateway
Follow the unified generic KerOS guide to install and configure your gateway.