Installation instructions for GIT client on OSX
- Go to https://git-scm.com/downloads and download the OSX installer.
- Open the dmg file in the downloads
- Double click on the newly opened Git 2.XX.X … Universal icon
- Control click git-2.xx.. and select open from the menu
- Select ‘Open’ when asked if you are sure
- In the next screen select “Continue”
- Select “Install”
- Provide your password to proceed with the installation
- Once the “The installation was successful.” screen appears, close the installer.
- “Keep” the installer for now.
- Open the “Terminal” and run “git” (no quotes)
- If you get a message and only if you get that message ‘The “git” command requires the command line developer tools’ run
sudo mv /usr/bin/git /usr/bin/git-system
- You successfully installed GIT