Actual large-scale LoRaWAN deployments with several hundreds of nodes

I’ve read a bunch of theoretical analyses of large-scale LoRaWAN deployments but I had my troubles finding reports of actual large-scale LoRaWAN deployments.
What I have found was in the range of 50-70 nodes per 1-4 gateways. These all seemed to be pilot projects by one company or the other.
Are there any already deployed solutions where the number of nodes goes into at least several hundreds? Or any analyses that are based on a large real setup?

Guess you meant “several hundreds nodes per gateway”?

BTW, about two years ago KPN were saying that they “has already contracted 1.5 million ‘devices’ that will be connected to the LoRa network”.

So, a question for those who are located in the Nederlands: are there any traces of that horde of devices? Even though they are supposed to transmit once per month, someone should has these packet caught with his/her GW. This should be an valuable info on network coexistence.

Besides my own nodes I’ve seen one or two TTN-nodes, one KPN node and one “experimental”-node. So my town has not reached the max capacity yet.

I see quite a lot of them. I didn’t really dig into the number of nodes, but what I did notice is that many of them take pretty much airtime. Probably within legal limits but this looks like someone is playing around with them rather than a professional deployment.

Guess someone has been testing geolocation.

Or just runs coverage test :slight_smile: Devices like Adeunis Field Test totally ingnore duty cycle limitations and just don’t know about fair access policy. Curious that they are LoRaWAN and CE certified.

It doesn’t look like coverage testing. Typically the messages themselves are quite big and it’s not that I see the same device id passing by, at least not in such a way that it is clearly noticeable. They are all different device id’s.