Amsterdam Meetup May 23 2018 - Build a low-power WiFi localization node

During this Meetup, we are diving into the extremely interesting topic of LoRa + Localization.

After this Meetup, you will not only know what localization technology to use when, but also how to use the different technologies in real life as we go hands-on. So, bring your laptop.

Learn how to locate your device using:

• GPS
  • WiFi
  • RSSI (Signal strength)
  • TDoA (Time Difference of Arrival)

In order to get most out of this Meetup, you get some homework :books:

• Apply for the COLLOS membership. Link
  • Get a development device (preferably Arduino compatible) with LoRaWAN connectivity, such as The Things Uno. If you want to experiment with GPS: make sure you have a GPS module, like this one. Want to experiment with WiFi: simply get a ESP8266 module.
  • Check out the keynote of Richard Lansdowne about Geolocation: Link
  • Check out the talk of Maarten Weyn about localization: Link

Optional (but highly recommended!)

• Check out the presentation of Tim van Dam about wildlife tracking, a real-world application that uses geolocation: Link

Don’t hesitate to RSVP, limited spots available

RSVP here

1 Like

Step 1: get the components :white_check_mark:
Step 2: put all together

Next Wednesday evening (May 23) I’ll make a low-power WiFi localization node from these components.

Please drop me a message if you want to join, I’ll send you a link on where to buy all components.

This is no workshop, just a collaborative effort to make something cool. Knowledge about LoRaWAN is required.

IMG_4314

Hi Laurens
I’m trying to add the collos integration into TTN community edition with no success.
The collos integration is shown ‘green’ and ‘Running’. I wasn’t either able to login into apiportal-preview-collos-org Using my Account (from loracloud-com – it is forwarded). Nor could

Tickets (within 6 months) with no reply(good or bad):

As you have had this webinar??? do you have more information on that topic?
I managed to manually put requests on loracloud.com but I need to implement either an logstash config or python script…
Thanks for your reply
BR

Lukas

here the forum entries with no success