Arduino UNO + RN2483 needs power interrupt to start

(Martijn) #1

I use an Arduino UNO with a Lorabee (RN2483). My basic serial passthrough script only works only after I interupt the powersource of the lorabee. It seems that the interruption of the power triggers the lorabee to power on.

I'm sure there is another way to get the lorabee powered up. I tried to send HIGH voltage to the DTR pin (pin 9 on the left side, next to GND). But that did not change a thing.

Any tips? Or is this known and expected behaviour?

Thanks!

How to build your first TTN node: Arduino + RN2483
(Jac Kersing) #2

The RN2483 module does not use RTS (nor CTS) at the moment. There should be a reset (low active) connected to pin 5 of the BEE.

@Martijn78 Have you gotten it to work ?

@kersing thank you. What about the LED on the RN2483 Bee, do you happen to know how to make use of it ?

(Willem (pe1dlf)) #4

sys set pindig GPIO0 1 to switch it on and sys set pindig GPIO0 0 to switch if off

To wake it from sleep I use ;

void wakeUP_RN2483() {
  Serial1.end();
  pinMode(PIN_SERIAL1_TX, OUTPUT);
  // Send a break to the RN2483
  digitalWrite(PIN_SERIAL1_TX, LOW);
  delay(5);  
  digitalWrite(PIN_SERIAL1_TX, HIGH);
  Serial1.begin(57600);
  // Send magic character for autobaud.
  Serial1.write(0x55);
}

Obviously to need to use the settings for the serial port it is attached to (which in my case is Serial1)

@w4e Thank you, that is just what i needed. About this thread's problem, i've connected digital pin #5 on my nano to pin #5 (RESET) on the bee, and executed this code:

Serial.println("Reset RN2483!");
pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
delay(50);
digitalWrite(5, LOW);
delay(50);
digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
delay(50);

but no luck. I still need to take the 3v3 off and on to make it respond.
Any ideas ?

NOTE: I already tried pin 17 (SJ1) , same problem.

(Willem (pe1dlf)) #6

Using the the RN2843 Bee on an Autonomo as well as thru a XBEE USB explorer with no issues. Never tried it on a Nano or an UNO.

It resets ONLY after reconnecting the 3.3v power. Could it be that it will not accept the 5v HIGH output to that pin ?

I fixed it by using a relay for the 3.3v, MES1A05 (MASSUSE) relay, did the job for me if anyone else wants to know.