I have gotten my Adafruit Feather M0 900Mhz LORA microcontroller working + OTAA activating + uploading data to TTN and everything is going swimmingly. However there is one issue on my mind:
APPKEY are hard-coded source code which is then compiled and flashed into the Feather. This works fine for one unit, but if I had 10 or 50 for an internal product or experiment, each unit would have a different set of source code because of these changes to a few lines of code.
I realize this is normally the place of EEPROM (or simulated EEPROM) to separate the compiled code from the individualized storage of each microcontroller. However the Feather has no EEPROM, so I would have to add that as well (not a huge deal). But before I go down that road:
What I’m asking is: How are people normally solving this problem on Arduinos of:
- Easily inserting individual unique EUIs and keys into each microcontroller
- Storing this information on micros like the Feather
- Storing these keys in some sort of encrypted format, so someone couldn’t easily retrieve them.
Perhaps I’m missing something!
Thank you so much for the great support of this forum. LoraWAN + TTN is so fun.