Product Announcements

@BoRRoZ FYI I paid quick visit to see Jose & management with the new GW @ Reece Innovations in Newcastle yesterday and have to say am impressed with 1st look.

IF they meet feature set & proposed price points with decent quality build (looking good so far!) then this GW is set to impress. Cant wait to receive 1st test units in coming weeks for eval once CE tests complete.

Bad news for TTN Forumites :scream: is that they aren’t looking to sell in small volumes to single users/tinkerers/hobbyists (as yet) so looks like pricing is based on some volume orders coming through due to potential issues with support burden (small tight dev team & logistics operation in UK & China).

I hope to explore options with them on how I can help them get to market and what can be done to open up access to selected market verticals & wider community in coming weeks and months… :wink:

Done well - to paraphrase MiB3 - “this could become my new favourite for selected LoRaWAN GW deployments” (esp outdoor vs re-purposing other systems in weather proof housings etc.)

2 Likes

We are selling a new LoRaWAN GNSS tracker from ST that is ready for prototype usage and is based on the Murata LoRaWAN module with a STM32L072CZ, the Teseo-LIV3F GNSS positioning / geofencing module and various motion and enviromental sensors which include temperature, relative humidity and air pressure.

The tracker evaluation kit includes a LiPo battery that can be charged using a USB Type C cable and comes with a plastic casing. It is CE certified.

For more information contact me or go to: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-strkt01.html

4 Likes

At my company, Reece Innovation, we’ve been working on a solar panel powered gateway structure for semi-permanent installs.

Well I’m pleased to share the outcome! Very robust and adaptable, for example you can deploy one or two 100W panels depending on available sun. Our mechanical engineers calculated wind load support to over 120km/h - more if sandbags are added. Battery is safely stored in a locked cabinet.

This is delivered in a kit of parts, IKEA style :slight_smile: Feel free to contact me for more details.
image image

9 Likes

is it really build or an idea ? (hence the 3d render) :sunglasses:

Definitely not just an idea. It’s a fully specced design, down to the individual parts (which we have available). A big difference is we’ve also done the calcs to actually prove stability at wind loads - advantage of having mechanical engineers.

We’re assembling a sample in our factory and will post photos soon. We’re leave it running.

One other nice thing is we actually can post statistics from the solar charger (which has modbus) over - what else - LoRaWAN. Yes, the rig itself is a node! :slight_smile: I think it’s pretty cool and will share more soon, more surprises on the way.

5 Likes

Wow, we had a lot of interest. We’ve put together an initial datasheet around the solar powered gateway pod 70126 - Specifications_r1.pdf (481.6 KB)

Pricing available on request for anyone interested (sorry not allowed to post it here, but this is standard pricing ie the same for everyone!)

Thanks again.

A new PoE enabled, compact Gateway based on the Raspberry Pi 3B+:

1 Like

Carrier-grade outdoor LoRa gateway Lorrier LR2 is now for sale on eBay.

The guide how to setup it for TTN you can find here.

This gateway is released as open source. All the information can be found at lorrier github.

1 Like

http://www.maxiiot.com/product_delatils

Hey there,

I’ve got a code for a discount of 5% for the Dragino LG308 LoRaWAN Gateway on Tindie. So if you are going to buy one, feel free to use them.

Code: 338FE091

Of course I have tested the LG308 by myself and I think it has the best price-performance ratio for private makers.
Its easy to use, can be easily configured to TTN (or a private LoRaWAN Server) and is ready to use in <15min.
I also compared it to other gateways (Laird, Ursalink and Multitech):
The range and RSSI was quite as good as the Multitech (~800$) and for me better than the Laird and
Ursalink.

For the sake of completeness: Yes, it is an affiliate code. So you get something, I get something. Win Win.

We just received a shipment from the factory, the Coredump iC880A backplane boards are finally back in stock :slightly_smiling_face:

https://shop.coredump.ch/2019/09/02/ic880a-backplane-back-in-stock/

We have decided to include a special offer for hackers and makers:

Our Offer for Hackers and Makers

Are you part of a hackerspace, makerspace or some other community group and want to build a gateway for a non-commercial project that somehow benefits the public (e.g. a public gateway for The Things Network)? We want to support these use cases! Drop us an e-mail at shop@coredump.ch explaining your project to get the backplane 33% cheaper!

Cheers, and build some more gateways! :hammer_and_wrench: :radioactive:

3 Likes

The newest release LoRaWAN indoor gateway.

1 Like

LoRa Carrier grade Gateways - Lorrier LR2 for sale!
We start great LR2 Gateways discount for the TTN comunity members.

IMG_0582_plastic

LORRIER LR2 is an improved carrier grade gateway for building reliable professional IoT network based on LoRaWAN™ protocol. This is a fully outdoor device intended to establish a wide coverage IoT network built by telecommunications operators as well as a local network built by individuals or IoT connectivity service providers.
Datasheet

The price for the members is 425Eur / brand new LR2 gateway. The last few pieces left.
Buyers can apply by email tucek.martin81@gmail.com

Hello LoRa friends,

Logo_512x512

Your beloved station bike has certainly been stolen from you. Bike wasn’t expensive, but it was yours. With the SolarVeloTracker, you can find your bike again.

https://www.velotracker.ch

I recently designed a BikeTracker

Here are some key facts:

• Sends current GPS position every hour (via ThingsNetwork)
  • Integrated solar panel to extend the battery life
  • Rearlight is switched on automatically when using the bike (only night)
  • Automatic switch-off of the rear light after approx. 4 minutes

Assembly:

• Taillight can be mounted on any luggage rack.
  • The distance between the mounting screws is 8cm.

Package:
1x Solar Velotracker / ThingsNetwork
1x power supply
1x USB cable

Price 134 CHF.

What do you think ?

2 Likes

Too expensive and a TTN network must be in the city.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/martijnknop_lora-st-soc-activity-6620342201664753664-h3ig

ST announced their LoRaWAN SoC - STM32 with ARM Cortex M4 and LoRa radio on a single piece of silicon.

For B2B information you can contact me.

1 Like

LoRaWAN-enabled People Counter

This is a small device based on Murata’s CMWX1ZZABZ-078 that uses two IR sensors to detect passage of people across a threshold, like a doorway. The device is capable of detecting the direction of threshold crossing, so keeps track of ingress and egress events seperately. Applications include monitoring human traffic, keeping track of room occupancy, intrusion detection, etc.

The device runs on a 950 mAH coin cell battery or two AAA batteries and lasts up to three years of continuous usage at 10 minute LoRaWAN reporting interval. Typical continuous power usage at this reporting rate is 35 uA.

Edit: In the latest design the IR sensors run at a continuous 50 Hz and draw ~5 uA each. They are set to interrupt the MCU upon threshold crossing, so the system stays in its low power state until interrupted by the sensors. Right now the LoRaWAN Tx is set on a fixed timing interval, but one could switch this to a combination low frequency update, like once per hour or day and a Tx-on-detect kind of scheme for applications where few transits are expected. Lots of possibilities, but the current draw is dominated by the LoRaWAN Tx.

The device is housed in a 2.5 x 2.5 x 1 inch Bud Industries container and is simply mounted via VHB foam tape.

PeopleCounter.1

PeopleCounter.3

In our initial testing the device has achieved > 95% accuracy.

The device began as a Hackaday.io project and we are now commercializing the technology for sale. We have redesigned the prototypes for efficient manufacture and to minimize build costs and have started production and beta testing for prospective customers. Pricing will be set after all production costs are determined but we expect the initial price of each device will be around $60; less at higher volumes.

Please contact me at tleracorp@gmail.com for more information.

7 Likes

Topic title has been updated to: Product Announcements

Hello all,

I’m glad to share with you the release of RoLaGuard: a free and open source LoRaWAN Operations, Cybersecurity & Compliance Management Platform. Despite being the first release, it has a lot of functionality that can help to manage LoRaWAN networks in an easy and automated way, just plug and play to get real time monitoring, diagnostics and solution information to smoothly run your LoRaWAN networks. Platform Main Capabilities:

Asset Inventory:
-Automatic Inventory of devices and gateways
-Tracking
-Classification by importance and labeling
-Geolocalized Map Visualization
-Drill-Down Analytics

Network Overview:
-Status of gateways and devices
-Lost messages, retransmissions, failed Joins
-Frequency between messages
-Devices by gateway
-Signal Strength and Noise graphics

Automation & Alerts:
-Continuous Monitoring and Alerting with Automatic Risk and Importance Classification
-Event Configuration & Management
-Security and Compliance
-Best Practice, Operation and Security Checks

Security & Compliance:
-Network Protection
-Vulnerabilities and attack detection
-Active traffic surveillance
-Best Practices

For the moment RoLaGuard supports The Thing Networks and ChirpStack, but we are working to add more Network Servers. Also, you can develop your own data source connector to add support to your favorite Network Server. Please, take a look, share your feedback and contribute.

Code: https://github.com/Argeniss-Software/rolaguard
Video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpjO36Fxe4
Site: https://RoLaGuard.com

3 Likes

It seems you’re implementing LAF in the screen below? But like discussed earlier, the 2nd item below is moot, and the 4th item may be moot too. See LoRaWAN Security Research Paper is now published! - #6 by arjanvanb