Product Announcements

SEMTECH LR1110 based LoRa developer board.

The last few months Skylab has been quietly working on a new small prototyping board based on the Semtech LoRa® LR1110 LoRa Edge™ Asset Management Platform. This ultra-low-power prototyping board equipped with LoRa LoRaWAN, GPS / GNSS, WiFi geolocation, for precise in and outdoor positioning, capable of measuring Temperature, Humidity, Barometric pressure, Acceleration and Magnetic field. This LoRa developer board is Arduino IDE compatible and WEMOS pin-compatible which gives extra possibilities. Our team has been working very hard to optimize the last design details and we are happy to announce that we start the first production.

If you have any questions about our new product please feel free to contact us or visit the webpage:

LR1110 LoRa developer board UPDATE. Today we started the production of the first (small) batch of the New LR1110 board. With this development we are one step closer to full-scale production. The first batch of the new LR1110 based developer board was very promising and the PCB is nearly perfect but here at skylab, we strive for perfection. which is why will test and inspect these first boards extremely thoroughly to find and improve every imperfection. we are very excited to start working with the brand new LR1110. lr1110skylab

What were the imperfections in the chip - I’d assume you’d not be able to correct those yourself?

Hi @descartes ,

In the chip we didn’t find any imperfections I have edited the message it was a bit confusing.
On the PCB we could expect some imperfections but so far so good :muscle:

any pricing news?
working code?
sleep current?

Hi @jezd

Our price for the first productions will be around € 125,- when we start mass production the price will drop around € 99,-
Next week (Late November) we start with the early adapters, enthusiast programmers and (our) engineers to test first codes, and measure power consumptions in various modes. Shortly after (December) we start to publish the first (beta’s) in Arduino code on GitHub. A limited number of boards are available for those interested in contributing. On our website you can find the more info, roadmap, and register.

Nice

2 remarks :

• doesn’t give " Wi-Fi AP MAC-adresscanner" privacy problems in the EU?
  • I know that " BME280-sensor" type of sensors are sensitive to the “heat” from the PCB of even placement inside a box. Did you anticipate it?

1 question :slight_smile:
I’m getting fond of qwiic connectors for prototyping. Is I²C available and are the needed pins close (3.3V,GND,address and data).

Dear All,
For those of you who work on Smart Buildings projects (residential, commercial, municipal) and want to save approx 30% heating costs, take a look at Vicki - LoRaWAN Smart Radiator Thermostat:
MClimate Vicki LoRaWAN Datasheet.pdf (993.4 KB)

Vicki is already proven with tens of thousands installed in many types of buildings.

Best regards,
Lyubomir

Hi @AlainD,

Wi-Fi AP mac address scanning is already being done by allot of smart devices to determine there approximate location before the GPS/GNSS kicks in. Privacy wise there are some protections in place like you need at least 2 different mac addresses to get a valid response.

For the BME280 we choice to put it on the Battery/Solar/MicroUSB side so there are not a lot of components close to it but there could be some heat dissipation when charging the battery for example.

I attached a picture showing the BME280 placement and the pin definitions.

PB270357

Kind Regards,

1 Like

For new product announcements:

Please create a new topic and use the new ‘Product Announcements’ category.

1 Like

Dear all, hope everything is good. I supply LoRaWAN signal generator for test purpose. We have decided to develop LoRaWAN field analyzer in Indian market. Please click the below link and fill the google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jiAfuf_m2v8QKNSIUAmxCyyiAd5ggz0Y2DVtPZ_5Cu8/prefill This short survey will help us to serve better. Thank you for your time