Dragino lm502 - new sx1262 based module

Hi, All:

We have developed a low cost small size (20 x 27.5mm) LoRaWAN module (model name LM502) base on SX1272 and Cypress MCU CY8C4147AXI-S445. Actually use the SIP chip (ASR6502) from Alibaba to build this module.

DSC_2497%20(2)
DSC_2522

DATASHEET
USER MANUAL

• LM502 is based on sx1262, compare to the module base on SX1276, the SX1262 max power is +22dBm which is 2dB higher than sx1276 solution, this will increase the transmit range.
  • LM502 is based on SX1262, compare to SX1276, when transmit same output power, the sx1262 use half power consumption vs SX1276. This can highly increase the battery life.
  • The module use high stability TCXO oscillator, we have compare difference TCXO oscillator and able to handle the frequency shift within 100hz which is very good performance to increase the transmit range
  • LM502 is provided with ready to use LoRaWAN Modem software. Developers only need to use AT Commands to control the module to join LoRaWAN network. This speeds up the development process.
  • The LM502 also includes programmable and reconfigurable analog and digital blocks with flexible automatic routing. Developer can use the rich I/Os to connect to their sensors and no need extra MCU. This provides a low cost / low power consumption / small size LoRaWAN End Node solution.
  • It is an open source project. You are free to adapt the software to meet your requirements.

some test screen shot for reference:

903.1Mhz, 22dB
1_22dB

905.3Mhz, 22dB
3_22dB

4 Likes

’ LM502 is provided with ready to use LoRaWAN Modem software. ’

• based on LoRaWAN 1.1 ?
  • which classes are supported ?
  • It is 1.0.3
  • It supports Class A,B,C
3 Likes
  • topic reopend because modules will become available for testers coming week(s)

lm502

dragino-logo VIDEO TUTORIALS

x1610
CLICK for BIG

@Borroz, @edwin1 Topic title claims SX1262 based, Edwin’s intro at top says SX1276, description says based on ACSIP SIP module… :thinking:

Which is it?

LM502 is based on SX1262 :sunglasses: , please see datasheet

x1611

x1690
under construction with lm 502 dev module

1 Like

:+1: Thanks, Rob, thought I would check before diving into details and evaluating…meant to ask month ago when I 1st saw the conflict…Edit the intro?

@edwin1 will follow up with PM

1 Like

At this onset, I would like to thank @edwin1 for getting the community know about the LM502 module from dragino.

We have a privilege to have hands-on the LM502 demo board, thanks again to @edwin1.

I personally use a mac and do not have a windows machine readily available to get my hands-on or develop and test something when I get to know about products, especially in the LoRa/embedded space.

This is something what ‘mac os’ and ‘linux’ users are missing. Most of the design and programming tools are only available for windows.

We have tried LoRa modules from different companies/countries, but without much effort there was no single module which we are able to test with basic AT commands.

But, thanks to the lm502, the documentation is a pure bliss.

I was able to quickly connect it with an USB cable, list the device using ‘ls -lrt /dev/tty.*’ command and use the terminal to communicate using AT commands.

04%20PM

Leaving the firmware upgrade process using psoc programmer, atleast I was able to quickly test the module, send AT commands, explore all the AT commands practically, check gateway status, messages, data through TTN Dashboard in just about 5 min.

I am exploring LoRa nodes from 4 different companies and their usage/development on mac. I would furnish all my learnings in a post, once I’m done. If anyone is also on the same boat as me, please feel free to suggest or share your learnings.

Thanks,
Sree

Hi All,
I am working on a project in which i use LM502 in stand alone mode means i am configuring the internal cypress MCU. I want to use uart 2 peripheral of Demonstrated as TX2 and RX2 on the LM502 demo board but i am unable to configure it. I am using Psoc creator 4.4
Thanks

hi all,
I am using LM502 end node with LPS8 gateway.
I want to reprogramme the end node but module only programmed at once.
I tried on two nodes now if i try to programme it again PSOC programmer hanged .
any advice or comment would be grateful.