I added a new TTIG gateway to The Things Network V3 stack.
It appears to not connect because status keeps showing ‘Disconnected’ in the V3 console.
I’m not sure why. Am I overlooking something?
Steps I have taken:
- Reset TTIG via reset button.
- Set TTIG in setup mode (hold setup button 10s).
- Conncect to TTIG WiFi setup menu.
- Enter my WiFi SSID and passphrase.
- Write down the Gateway EUI displayed at the bottom.
- Select Save and Reboot.
Gateway is connected to WiFi. I can successfully ping it.
Add gateway to V3 console
Select ‘Add gateway’
Enter the following details:
- Gateway ID (arbitrary string)
- Gateway EUI (previously written down)
- Gateway Name (arbitrary string)
- Gateway Server address: eu1.cloud.thethings.network
- Frequency plan: Europe 863-870 MHz (SF9 for RX2 - recommended) [EU_863_870_TTN]
- Duty cycle: Enforced (default)
- Schedule any time delay: 0.53 seconds (default)
Select ‘Create gateway’.
Gateway was created/added but status stays Disconnected.
I initially made a typo in the Gateway EUI when adding the gateway but corrected this later. I then powered the gateway down and up again just to be sure.
I have several ‘V2 application’ end devices running that frequently generate traffic (no ‘V3 applications’ yet). But status just stays Disconnected.
- This is V3. I assume the V3 Console will not experience the same issues as V2 Console where connection status is unreliable.
- Traffic from ‘V2 application’ end devices should be visible as ‘Live data’ for the new gateway (even while not routed to the V2 environment).
Are these assumptions correct?
What could be causing that the gateway status does not show Connected?