Connecting TTIG to The Things Stack (TTN V3)

Could you please drop me a PM so that I can respond to it with the EUI?

thx

martin

Just click on his user name and it will open window for you to send a message! :wink:

thx … I was blind to not see the Message button :slight_smile:

I have my TTIG registered in V2 and have performed above steps.
It seems everything went through without an error and the TTIG now appears in V3.
But even after several power cycles, the status in V3 is “Disconnected” and in V2 it is “unknown” and both console do not show any live data.

my V3 ttnmapper application however still seems to be receiving message coming from my tracker via the v2 packer broker.

I have to add, that I have bought the device on Amazon … but as mentioned, did not receive any error when claiming it for V3.

Update: Yes, after claiming the TTIG successfully yesterday it came online today without powercycling it. :v: :sunglasses:

Thanks again everyone!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ABP Device V2 to V3 Migration Issue

Did the v2->v3 migration of my TTIG today, without any issues. The TTIG (gift from the TTN conference 2019) shows firmware 2.0.4, is this current? I enabled automatic updates.

@xAPPO and/or @mas_vie: We are testing a fix to make iot-shop.de gateways also work with claiming and would like a couple of volunteers. Could either of you send me a direct message?

1 Like

@KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 @htdvisser How was it that A-O were able to pre claim these TTIG’s as their IoT shop clearly calls them out as Things Indoor GW’s

vs being Tabs GW’s, Browan Indoor GW’s, or “whatever alternate brand” Indoor GW, with clear implication they are for use with TTN/TTS. This doesnt sound good from a supply chain security POV! :wink: Begs the question what other devices they sell might have been prior captured to A-O vs being free open market devices? (You only have to look back at some of the prior TTConf presentations where security of supply chain and esp. distribution operations questioned/challenged to see why a concern - recall Johan and others using this to call out & justify use of seperate Join/ID Servers, Secure Elements, etc.)

Thought A-O was an energy metering/industrial private network operation & IoT solutions provider supporting a swathe of IoT connection technologies…though using private TTS instance for their LNS solution?

2 Likes

TTIGs come out of the factory unclaimed, and pre-provisioned for The Things Network.

Networks can then claim the gateways on the TrackNet server using the information that’s printed on the sticker (the EUI and WiFi password) in order to reconfigure them.

I don’t know what reasons the Alpha-Omega guys had to claim the gateways on their account. Maybe they just thought they still had to provision the gateways for The Things Network.

In any case, @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 is working closely with them to sort this all out, and as he wrote above, we’re close to a solution. So if there are any volunteers with TTIGs from IoT-Shop.de that they couldn’t claim before, please reach out to @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2.

i can confirm that your solution seems to work together with @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 ---- some minutes ago we tested it- mine was claimed back and its now running in v3 ! well done and thanks for your support !!!

Indeed as confirmed by Jens above, we deployed a fix to the server that makes iot-shop.de gateways also claimable.

However, we have enabled that on a gateway-by-gateway basis for testing. Later in the day today, we will enable this for all gateways purchased from iot-shop.de.

I will respond in this thread once that’s ready.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to test.

2 Likes

Will there be any other residual aspects (configuration parameters) that might have been set for these iot-shop gateways that might not be reset appropriately for Things usage or will they be identical to all other users now ?

They’ll be the same as all TTIGs.

2 Likes

I’ve got a question regarding the (now gone) LNS key:

After claiming the device a LNS key was generated and showed up automatically in the general settings of the gateway.

Looking at the settings of my TTIG now shows an empty LNS key (see picture below, I’ve marked the empty field in red). Nevertheless my TTIG in still connected and is still successfully forwarding packets.

So is the LNS key still stored and just not displayed for security reasons (and neither a placeholder) or should I be worried that soon the gateway will disconnect due to a missing LNS key?

Here’s a screenshot of (that part of) my basic settings:

lns_key

That’s being covered in this issue; Gateway console field 'LoRa Basics Station LNS Authentication Key' is empty after recovering from "An unknown error occurred" · Issue #4335 · TheThingsNetwork/lorawan-stack · GitHub. Please add your comments there.

Let’s keep this topic scoped to TTIG claiming.

1 Like

Ok so users who bought their Gateways from Aphla-Omega/ iot-shop.de (through amazon.com) can now claim your TTIGs.

Documentation is here as usual; The Things Indoor Gateway | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN

(I’ll remove the remark on iot-shop.de in the troubleshooting section soon today).

This has worked for me :+1: - my gateway now shows connected on both the v2 and v3 pages. Traffic showing on v3 gateway (not v2). Data being forwarded to v2 app fine. Should I remove the gateway from v2?

Should I remove it from v2?

Yup. Feel free to do so. Cheers!

Hi @Jeff-UK ,
we have a few customers using the gateways on their own server. That’s why we needed to claim them. We have unclaimed the TTIGs that were sold to TTN customers now.

Felix