Data not passing from Gateway to Application for past 14 Hrs

Japan is connected by “ttn-router-jp”.

Looks Like it is all back up and working again.
Does anyone know what the problem was and is it likely to happen again ?

Confirmed its working again here. (Well, for 4 local nodes and 1 local gateway).

I’ll have to power cycle most of my (remote) nodes to force them to do a join accept. Presumably they still have old session and network keys which are no longer valid, since I changed to meshed-handler. (These ones I haven’t built the daily confirm uplinks into. They are happily sending data to the gateway, and don’t know anything is wrong.)

I also had a minor hiccup with Integrations. Not only were they destroyed by changing to meshed-router (simple to re-configure), but also the payload functions were destroyed. (No decoded payload data being passed to HTTP integration.)

Hi there!

Seems that I have kind of a same problem since this date.
But mine is different as my Gateway is not seen as connected anymore
checked the installation (Gateway Laird Sentrius connected via 4G router to the net: gateway seems to push, as usual, data on the net but nothing seen on thethingnetwork administration console)
Any idea ? 17

Thanks Andrew.

I have same problem with EU router since one week, but with a model of gateway only (nemeus Pico)

I have same problem with EU router: two nodes (1 Dragino and 1 self-build node both with LMIC) and a one-channel gateway.

First both nodes worked perfect and all data were visible in console. Due to a problem with the self-build node it was sending a lot of data in a limited time period. After this the data of the self-build node was still received by the gateway but not transferred to the console. The data of the Dragino node is without problems receiving in the TTN-console.

Is it possible that due to the violating of the fair-use policy the problem-node is blocked by the TTN-server? Both nodes are functioning at ABP.

Problem has been solved: authentication parameters not correct in software node!
Probably this error is introduced in the development of the software.

1 Like

We’ve been using TTN on asia-se quite heavily and not observed outages. Application logs (external to TTN) show data IO as normal, perhaps there was a DNS issue affecting some household modems connecting to asia-se.thethings.network ? Unsure. I have noticed that sometimes the TTN console isn’t working properly (and gateways are incorrectly shown as “offline” now and then). Those issues are not isolated to Asia-SE or a specific gateway model, the only common point is TTN frontend - for me, routers and apps continue to function as-normal despite what’s “not” shown in TTN console logs.

If there are known current or past issues, they are normally shown (no recent events listed for asia-se) https://status.thethings.network/

Worth noting that the best way to get the ball rolling for a confirmed issue is #ops channel on Slack.

NB - On Slack 15 Dec Johan mentioned:

asia-se handler had issues, seen that before this week on another handler. Should be good now

Though I can’t see downtime on our external application logs on days leading up to that. Interesting.

Anyone else currently experiencing this similar/same issue again?

gateway on meshed-router
applications on ttn-handler-asia-se

ABP devices showing in gateway, but no application data coming though
OTAA devices stuck in activation loop and not connecting.

Our community has 4 gateways with this issue, last logged data was 01:28 this morning (now 22:34). Had a similar issue around the same time last week but started working again ~12 hours later.

I joined slack, but I have no idea how to actually use it or find channels? I tried searching for TTN and the things network but no results are coming up.

same issue since yesterday here with 2 gateways, one of them is running on meshed-router and applications are either on ttn-handler-brazil or ttn-handler-us-west i can only see the join request messages on application side for both handlers.

Issues with applications not being in the same region used by the gateways have been around for a long time and will not be solved in V2 of the TTN stack. If it works it works, but it will break on a regular base. The official TTN advice is to use the same region for gateways and applications.

Did you use the ‘join us on slack’ link available on the account server to join Slack? In that case you should be able to find a channel ops. If you didn’t you have not joined the TTN slack but created your own private ‘instance’.

We are facing similar situation since (at least) yesterday but using asia-se handler for both gateways and application. Gateway, based in new Zealand and using AS923 frequency channel, is receiving payload but device get nothing.
I checked that devAddr in gateway traffic view are the same as the on in device configuration so basically it should work. Also I manually decoded physical payload from gateway traffic using LoRaWAN 1.0.x packet decoder and MIC is valid and application payload is correct.

Any information about current issue with TTN ?

This might be where I went wrong. I just signed up for an account and it created a dashboard for my business etc which I assumed I could connect to other people/organisations from there.

I switched everything (gateway, application and device) on EU handler but get same result. Any idea why ?

no luck here, been 9 days since everything went offline, tried re creating the applications but i still get nothing

1 Like

Hi seeing the same problem here in Melbourne using asia-se. Suddenly went offline 9days ago. Thought it may have been a hardware issue but seeing lots of received traffic on the gateway. Was just about the delete all applications and devices and recreate but looking here it appears that won’t work. Thanks for posting what your tried, just save me a heap of work. Darrin

I ran a few more tests and i’m starting to think there may be some issue with my TTN account (maybe some kind of ban or something) because i tried moving one of my gateways to the us-west touter and created a new app and device on US-west app server and i still have the same issue, i can clearly see the packets coming in from the gateway console but i can only see the join requests from the application side.

I did think the same, I thought maybe I was sending to many packets. I could try backing off the transmission rate and see what happens.