Deleted gateway seems to be still working

I have a new gateway that I added to TTS but I have entered the wrong ID (ac1f09fffe06…). I deleted the gateway via the web console and re-add the gateway with the correct ID (hy-2e97…). However, I can still see the deleted gateway forwarding uplink to my application, and the newly added gateway is showing disconnected. Any idea or ways to solve that? Or I just have to wait until TTS’s database get updated/refreshed at I don’t know when?

The still existing “deleted” gateway forwarding to application…

"rx_metadata": [
        {
          "gateway_ids": {
            "gateway_id": "ac1f09fffe06...",
            "eui": "AC1F09FFFE06..."
          },
          "timestamp": 2224470944,
          "rssi": -41,
          "channel_rssi": -41,
          "snr": 12.8,
          "uplink_token": "Ch4KHAoQY..."
        }
      ],

When making changes to gateways, you typically need to wait for some time for it to update. You can also try disconnecting it, waiting a minute and then re-connecting it.

@johan it looks like the “gateway watch” logic doesn’t automatically disconnect gateways when they get deleted. Should we maybe add that?

Thanks for the info, after waiting for ~3 hours it is updated and now functioning normally.

Rebooting the gateway makes no difference (RAK7268C), in case anyone is experiencing the same issue.

I think a deleted gateway should at least not forward uplink to applications? Even if it is still marked as connected.

I agree. I filed an issue for this; Disconnect gateway when it gets deleted · Issue #4901 · TheThingsNetwork/lorawan-stack · GitHub

I am experiencing a similar problem. Apologies I am pretty new to things network. I realize this is a year old, but searching this forum and google has not turned up any answers. I setup a gateway and then wanted to change a setting but saw a post that I needed to delete it and re-do the setup process. So I deleted it under general settings for the gateway. It seemed to work except I can’t re-do the setup because I get the message that it already exists. In addition, the device HTML setup page for this gateway says LoRa is connected and my device (RAK3172) is able to connect to it and send data (AT+SEND=2:12345678). However, the gateway does not show in my console of course (because I deleted it). The gateway is a Laird Sentrius RG1xx and EUI ends in FF:29:63:01. It has been about six hours since I deleted it and I have tried unplugging it and plugging back in. At this point it seems to be working fine so I suppose everything would be right with this if I could get it to show up back in my console.

This is a regular issue and solution would be found if you used search to look for similar especially in the context of re-registering a previously deleted GW. Read the error message on the console carefully. It will tell you the issue! Clue GW ID =/= GW EUI…GW ID can be a free form name of your choosing (so long as not taken by another users) e.g. trexmiller-laird-002.

Which setting?

Maybe the docs need some amplification as deleting a gateway to change a setting isn’t really necessary.

Apologies, I figured out my problem. Needed to change the gateway ID as it was defaulting to the same one I used on the deleted entry. I’m usually pretty good at figuring these things out so I’m not sure why this got me hung up. I did see other posts saying to change this but it didn’t register with me until I looked at the json code response more carefully.

I was trying to reply yesterday to my own post to say I figured it out but for some reason it would not let me. Kept hitting reply button and nothing would happen. Whatever, thanks for your responses and again apologies for asking a question that’s already been asked and answered.

Please can you tell us so the community can better support itself.