Does TTN network send NewChannelReq MAC Command

Hello,
I am new to LoraWAN and I would like to know if TTN network send the NewChannelReq MAC command when the eight others channels are already used. I couldn’t check it because I am sending uplink manually with a pushbutton. So I can’t just send 8 uplinks in few seconds and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

No, our v2 backend does not implement this. We plan to add it to our v3 version. However, you shouldn’t expect more than those 8 channels, as most gateways on the network support max 8 channels. Even though our v3 backend will support the NewChannelReq MAC command, I don’t expect it to actually be used any time soon.

1 Like

Hi,
I am trying to communicate with TTN server on FSK channel in EU868 band. End node sending data on FSK (868.8 MHz) channel but nothing shown up at TTN server gateway traffic.
I can see gateway traffic for 3 default channel(868.1,868.3,868.5) and additional 5 channel(867.1,867.3,867.5,867.7,867.9) on TTN server. Is v2 or v3 backend support FSK channel for EU868 band.
Thanks

There is no support for FSK

Then why is an FSK channel listed in the TTN bandplan?

I’d start by getting debug visibility into the gateway directly (vs on the TTN console) to see if it is receiving. If not, check the gateway config and do something (maybe an SDR or another node) to verify the nide is actually transmitting.

Thats a good question. Me too thought that there are only 8 channels used in EU868.
A few days ago I saw on TTNmapper that my gateway has been heard on 9 channels. Where is the 9th channel? Is it FSK or SF7/250kHz?