Dragino LWL01 Not connecting

Hi All, I am trying to register this device to TTN, I have 227 of them to register and so far tried 4 and all 4 not connecting. Would this be something with TTN or the manufacturer?

What exactly do you mean by “connecting” and how do you know it is not happening?

Are these ABP or OTAA?

What gateway(s) are in range? Do you have any evidence if they are/are not working for other nodes? Can you see the raw gateway traffic pages on the TTN console?

I have a number of them and all activated without issues. Are the units the right frequency and channel plan for you location?

I noticed the application was not set to US-West so I just switched it and deleted all the sensor. I attempted to add 2 and still not being seen.

And again, [your] / [the nearest] gateway is? And it is how far away?

And raw traffic on that gateway does or does not appear while these are attempting to [OTAA join] / [send ABP packets] ?

First, it’s best not to delete entries on TTN.

Just to be clear about what you’ve done, looking at the latest document, can you confirm that you have:

Entered the Application EUI on the sticker in to the Application EUI settings?
Entered the Application Key and the Device EUI from the sticker?
Ensured the Application EUI on the sticker is selected on the device?
Ensured the device join method is set to OTAA?

The TTN device page will default to the TTN generated App EUI - you have to change it to the new App EUI.

What make/model of gateway do you have?
How far from the devices is it?
Is the gateway active on TTN?
Do you have any other devices that confirm uplinks on device console?

TTN does not allow me to change the application EUI to the one on the sticker. It only allows me to choose the applications I have already made.
I did enter the device EUI
Method is set to OTAA

I am using a laird RGx1 Gateway
It is all in the same room
Gateway is active on TTN
I do have other leak sensors devices connected on a different application

It’s simply not going to work until you manage to enter the Application EUI of the device into TTN, or change the Application EUI of used by the device to one which you do control.

I wonder if someone else already has that app EUI. Is it the same for all of your sensors?

There seem to be AT commands, probably you can use those to assign a new Application EUI for the devices to use.

It is all in the same room

It’s good that the range is not challenging, but problems can sometime occur when things are too close. “Down the hall” might be preferable.

But as long as the Application EUI mismatches, that is not the major issue.

But it does not give me an option to type in anything. It only has a drop down box with different application EUI numbers.

The application EUI on the sticker are all the same on all of them.

The manual for the device suggests you should be able to add the existing App EUI to your own TTN application.

Have you tried that?

It could be mistaken, but I think it’s worth giving the manual another careful read through and trying exactly what it suggests.

Ok I found how to add the app eui so that it appears on the drop down. Got the first one connected, 226 more to go lol

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Got the first one connected

Yes!!!

226 more to go lol

Makes one wonder about the QR code on the sticker pictured in the manual…

For those that have come across this thread, that would be the add EUI link as per page 8 of the LWL01 manual - in the manage euis section in an Application - neither the Dragino nor the website UI are a model of clarity - but it is always worth exploring an application based on the text & screen shots provided …

And in that spirit - two screen shots to help folk find the key bits of the (Application) Console to play with :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Also do yourself a favour and drop their update rate to 12 or 24 hours, otherwise their batteries will go flat very fast (a few months)
Manual 3.4;
Payload for 12 hours will be;
0100A8C0 on FPort 2
If you do that you’ll also want to ensure that the device will send on alarm;
Manual 5.3; AT+DISALARM=0, End node will send packet in TDC time or status change for water.
From TTN send payload;
A700 on FPort 2

Test each one before deployment, otherwise you’ll have an expensive and embarrassing visit to each device afterwards.
And I also had to swap out to new batteries as the ones shipped went flat very fast.