End device shows: Last seen info unavailable

Hi experts!

I have migrated my LoRaWAN setup from the TTN V2 to the V3 console, whereas the gateway is successfully connected, however, the status of the end device shows “Last seen info unavailable”. I have used the following key setup in the network layer.

1. LoRaWAN version = MAC V1.1

2. Regional parameters version = PHY V1.1 REV B

3. Frequency plan = Europe 863-870 MHz (SF9 for RX2 - recommended)

4. Activation mode = ABP

Also,

1. Keys copied to the Arduino code = Device Address, NwkSKey (MSB), AppSKey (MSB)

2. Gateway, and LoRa node = Dragino LPS8, and Adafruit feather m0

Before this, it was working successfully in the V2 console. Could someone help me in fixing out, please? Thanks

I’m having the same error using an ESP32 LoRa as the gateway, i’m using another esp32 LoRa as an end device,
MAC V 1.0.3
PHY V 1.0.3 REV A
Frequency Plan Australia 915-928
Activation Mode ABP.

So if you ever solve this, please let me know

This is not a gateway, a gateway has a concentrator card that can hear 8 channels, what you have is a Single Channel Packet Forwarder which is unsupportable on TTN and disrupts the network. Please search for SCPF on the forum for more info.

If you get yourself a proper gateway, we can help.

I can’t think of anything that supports v1.1 for a Feather - what code base are you using?

1 Like

Hello there, thank you for the answer .

I am using the following librarie in arduino IDE to use the ESP as a single channel gateway GitHub - things4u/ESP-1ch-Gateway: Version 6 of the single channel gateway

I’m pretty noob at this as you can see, but i’m trying to do a College work and they gave me 2 heltec esp lora to make this work.

The thing is, my “gateway” is receiving an uplink message, but in the application page, the end device shows last info seen unavaible. I really don’t know what to do and will be glad if you helped me.

Thank you in advance

Stop, Do not pass Go! Do not collect £200/$200/€200.

You need a LoRaWAN GW - go get one and come back if/when you need help. Mean time disconnect (as advised/requested 2 days ago!) your Single Channel Packet Forwarder and stop disrupting other TTN users as well a frustrating yourself with this crippled device, over a coffee search the Forum for SCPF, DCPF, Single Channel Packet Forwarders, etc…and then please go read the available documentation to see why and what needs to be done…also please tell your College superviser to also read the TTN Docs & Forum and ask him/her to stop assigning tasks/tools that are not supported on TTN :wink:

1 Like

Hi thanks for your consideration, I am using the code that you had suggested last time (GitHub - mcci-catena/arduino-lmic: LoraWAN-MAC-in-C library, adapted to run under the Arduino environment). It works perfectly with the V2 console, but the V2 console will shut down in December so I have migrated my setup to the V3. Thank you

Your link literally says that does not support 1.1

It may not be your only issue, but at the least you need to correctly enter the node’s actual protocol details in the TTN registration for it.

Plenty of non-compliant setups failed in “soft” ways under V2, but under V3 you really have to do things correctly or you’re going trigger excessive downlinks which cause problems for the network itself.

@descartes @Jeff-UK @cslorabox

Can you please let me know which kind of version should I use for the code given in the link? How would someone know an appropriate LoRaWAN version (i.e, MAC V1.1 and so on) and Regional parameters version (i.e, PHY V1.0)? They have mentioned the version should be provided by the manufacturer, however, I did not find it in my case (Adafruit feather m0).

I tried a lot but still, it shows the last seen info unavailable.

Your cooperation is highly solicited.

Regards
Junaid

Who is this “they” - if it’s the manufacturer of a device, that would be you as you are making a device from an Atmel/Microchip SAMD21 + an RFM95 board put together by Adafruit as a generic board that you load the firmware & MAC on. The vast majority of commercial users will buy an off the shelf device what in many cases come with adequate documentation that informs them as to the settings, that’s what is meant by the manufacturer providing the LoRaWAN version. So, please ask your manufacturer - yourself - and ask him what version he’s using.

But long story short, if you use LMIC 3.3 or better with the Feather, you may find this: GitHub - mcci-catena/arduino-lmic: LoraWAN-MAC-in-C library, adapted to run under the Arduino environment gives you the answer.

I would urge you to read, re-read and almost memorise the headings of the documentation for MCCI-LMIC - if you are implementing your own MAC as well as firmware you can’t be familiar enough with the overview of the library.

Thank you so much for your kind help.