Fail to delete device in the things console

Hi all,

I have an issue when trying to delete a device from an application. I click on the "Delete device "link from the Settings page of a device and confirm its deletion. The page confirms the deletion with a green notification-like message. But when reloading the application’s devices list, the device is still present.

Thanks for any help and best regards.

Seeing the same issue over here, also with changing the device App Key (refresh reverts the change). I have also tried deleting the device from ttnctl using ttnctl devices delete DEVICE --handler-id meshed-handler with the following result:

FATAL Could not delete device. error=Could not delete device from Handler:handler:device:APP:DEVICE not found source=Wrap:/go/src/github.com/TheThingsNetwork/ttn/utils/errors/errors.go:222

Thanks in advance. Vanja

Just a very wild guess: what’s the device id like? Any chance it contains some funny characters, or is all-numeric, or starts with a number?

TTN Console should not accept an ID it cannot handle, but who knows.

Device ID can only exist of lowercase alphanumeric characters, nonconsecutive - and _ and it cannot start or end with a - or a _

(I vaguely recall seeing someone report problems with that, but cannot find it right now.)

@raphaelruet, which handler are you using?

Hi Arjan,
The device ID’s in my case use both ‘_’ and ‘-’ in for the form of: device-app_000

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.