Gateway already registered

As I understand it the EUI is considered immutable (often derived from MAC add as you say - ok some GW’s allow a reprogramming of EUI as well but thats a complication here) and the EUI identifies GW to LNS for registration and data exchange, but Gateway-ID is a ‘label’ and can be anything you like or that is convenient (as long as using right character limits) but should not be too obvious as others in same cluster may use same name - ‘mygateway’ likley to be picked by others - hence you get error saying GW ID already in use. e.g. I could go for ‘jeffs-brilliant-ttn-gw’, but another Jeff might choose same (ok unlikely) before me but then I could use ‘jeffs-brilliant-ttn-gw2’ and be ok (assuming another Jeff has’t… you get my drift) in many cases I’ve seen people adopt the eui for ID also (as in this case) but given that is just a convenient label it could be finger trouble and a mis-type of id from similar model leads to situation like this with same GW ID under different account… just thinking… or there could be situations of prior ownership/registration, mischievous claiming (seen recently in Greece?) etc.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff and all,

Greetings and Good day, trust you all are doing good.

Yes, I followed the provided steps as stated above, its all working fine now…
Thanks a lot for your help and guidance.

Best Regards,

No. The system cannot delete the ID. I have experienced the same issue.

ID is not EUI. So which one are you referring to? This topic is about someone (accidentally?) using the EUI of someone else’s gateway.

I’m also having the same problem has anyone managed to solve the problem?

Submit failed
Gateway with EUI B827EBFFFF6F704E already exists and is not authorized for claiming

arrow_drop_upHide details

{
“code”: 9,
“message”: “error:pkg/deviceclaimingserver:gateway_not_authorized (gateway with EUI B827EBFFFF6F704E already exists and is not authorized for claiming)”,
“details”: [
{
@type”: “type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails”,
“namespace”: “pkg/deviceclaimingserver”,
“name”: “gateway_not_authorized”,
“message_format”: “gateway with EUI {gateway_eui} already exists and is not authorized for claiming”,
“attributes”: {
“gateway_eui”: “B827EBFFFF6F704E”
},
“correlation_id”: “e6656341890c4d6aaccab2401db3cb78”,
“code”: 9
}
]
}

You’ll see the every post on this forum is in English - native, 2nd language or via Google Translate. This will be fine, we understand, but further posts should be in English please.

Formatted post as per guidelines

By consensus the Forum is English Language please - even if dual language posted or e.g. Google Translate used for conversion if not proficient enough…

This looks like a RPi based GW - and should be registered vs claimed…

First I apologize because I’m using google translator to make this communication.
I’m having problems recovering my gateway, I’m a student so I made a gateway with raspberry, but I left it idle for a while and now when I tried to register it again, I couldn’t because it says I already have a gateway with this EUI (B8:27 :EB:FF:FF:6F:70:4E), so far so good because that’s what I’ve done in the past, but now I can’t recover it or erase it so I can use it again

If left idle vs being deleted then yes it will still be there… on V2 as indicated by

{"id":"eui-b827ebffff6f704e","frequency_plan":"US_902_928","public_rights":["gateway:location","gateway:owner","gateway:status"],"frequency_plan_url":"https://account.thethingsnetwork.org/api/v2/frequency-plans/US_902_928","location_public":true,"status_public":true,"owner_public":true,"attributes":{"antenna_model":"DIY antena","model":"Dragino Lora Sheield v1.1","brand":"Single-channel DIY gateway","description":"Respberry LoraWAN","placement":"indoor"},"router":{"id":"ttn-router-brazil"},"fallback_routers":[],"antenna_location":{"altitude":900,"latitude":-3.99966267,"longitude":-40.86497771},"location":{"lng":-40.86497771,"lat":-3.99966267,"longitude":-40.86497771,"latitude":-3.99966267},"altitude":900,"owner":{"id":"6064c6544c09ca00317c47f9","username":"Mateus_Cordeiro"}}

But most important within this old V2 account info is the block of text:-

model":“Dragino Lora Sheield v1.1”,“brand”:"Single-channel DIY gateway

Sorry but this is a single channel packet forwarder and NOT a LoRaWAN GW (as required for use on TTN) and is not supported on TTN or the community forum, as these are disruptive to other users it’s perhaps just as well that it dies with the V2 to V3 transition. Please disconnect it and get yourself a true LoRaWAN GW - they are not expensive these days so use of a SCPF or DCPF is no longer justified (hasnt been for many years now).

Unfortunately I can not find the Button to create a new topic, so I have to hijack a thread…
(edit: now I reached level 1 and the button is there, how frustrating)

I have an account where I misspelled the email-address. So the account was blocked due to missing mail verification, taking the Gateway-EUI with it. Support isn’t helping. Does anybody know who to contact? There is one letter to change… Or to temporarily unlock so I can transfer ownership of the Gateway…

We don’t have account access on the forum so perhaps use #support thread on TTN Slack

I’m also having the same problem has anyone managed to solve the problem?

Submit failed
Gateway with eui-0000028977f34892 already exists and is not authorized for claiming

arrow_drop_upHide details

{
“code”: 6,
“message”: “error:pkg/util/store:id_taken (ID already taken, choose a different one and try again)”,
“details”: [
{
@type”: “type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails”,
“namespace”: “pkg/util/store”,
“name”: “id_taken”,
“message_format”: “ID already taken, choose a different one and try again”,
“correlation_id”: “006a01895a93464d8dc812d1ba54a4c9”,
“cause”: {
“namespace”: “pkg/util/store”,
“name”: “already_exists”,
“message_format”: “already exists”,
“correlation_id”: “9350406b1b114c1997087979c6da8e7f”,
“code”: 6
},
“code”: 6
}
]
}

As noted appears already registered - last update 9th June, currently offline, and with location some 20-30km SW of Brussels - not one of yours from previous registration or one registered by e.g a colleague/employee/student/academic etc.?

Given error and general advice on the Forum:

Have you tried re-registering with a different GW ID (EUI immutable and can be re-used, GW is use once only… gw id = david306206gwno1 might work :wink:

i don’t know how one does this on a nebra rock pi if you can help me

Nothing to be done on the RockPi. When registering just enter something different in the field marked ‘Gateway ID’ on TTN.

BTW is this (re)configured for use on TTN or is it (still?) set as a Helium miner? (Or are you repurposing?) Was it yours originally or have you bought 2nd hand from a previous Helium user? (May explain prior registration if they tried it on TTN!)

it’s mine but it has already been recorded by me but I removed it by looking at too many things and since then it always puts its message

If it’s yours then delete it from your GW list on TTN (fact shows as still in db but just ‘offline’ suggests not yet deleted, which simplifys things…) and re-register as advised above with new GW ID (System is too clever, but dumb at same time, and suggests a (not very user friendly) GW ID based on eui - fine 1st time around but no good when re-registering as original eui based GW ID cant be re-used…)

I don’t know how to put it back and I don’t know how to change the ID

it’s good I succeeded but it is still disconnected out that I put another nebra and it is directly connected