Gateway on V2 stack and V3 simultaneously?

This might be a silly question but I have successfully got my Dragino LPS8 connected to TTN on the old console. Now I’m exploring the V3 console. Can I just use the same details and add the gateway to V3 or do I have to kill my freshly minted V2 gateway first?

Because I’m starting out here I have the feeling I’d be better off going to the V3 stack now and adding my nodes/applications there rather than having to migrate before the end of the year.

Thoughts?

First Rule of TTN Club:

NEVER delete a gateway on v2. NEVER!

Whilst preferable that it remain on v2 for now so that it can relay uplinks from community v2 devices, it wouldn’t be totally unreasonable for you at this stage in the grand migration to leave v2 behind and just start out on v3. TTN v2 forwards packets on to v3 as appropriate, so you don’t miss out by leaving it alone for now and putting your device(s) on to v3.

You can register your gateway on v3 in advance of any switch over. When you come to do that, you actually have to change the address on the gateway itself, which is why it’s not a problem for it to be on both.

In summary, leave the gateway on v2 for now, get your devices on to v3 and take it from there.

3 Likes

Many thanks Nick :blush:

1 Like