Getting started (Generic Node)

Hello,

Great news, I received my generic node. I put 2 batteries on it, and see the led blinked and a buzzer rings. I would connect on my ttn application, but I don’t have the devEUI, JoinEUI and Key. Where can we find it?

Other point, I don’t see any join request on my gateway traffic.

best regards,

Mathieu

1 Like

I got mine as well. There is a QR code on the back that has this information.

I am not sure how we are supposed to register these devices.

Please don’t double post - answer on the other thread.

I am sorry you feel that way. I think I was adding good information for the user and letting them know that I would not be able to help and further. The topic has been unanswered for 11 days.

Trying to help someone should not be discouraged.

1 Like

Is this not what you posted on another thread?

I am sorry @descartes, this is a quote from this thread.

I think my original post on this thread was on topic.

As the community is entirely voluntary based, we ask people to not post the same question in more than on place - it splits the effort or effort gets duplicated or responses become fragmented if something is being answered in several places.

So now I’m responding here and trying to answer on the other thread as well - case in point.

Sorry but I’m facing this same basic problem to get Id’s for registering mine …
I found this thread… but not answer to the question, and I can’t find the “other thread”.

I have been watching the video’s (except deep dive on the hardware), and no answer on registering the node (appart from a registration based on a “json” file that I don’t know from where it does came).

Could you update the documentation to explain this basic step of registering a node.

regards,
Laurent

1 Like

I’m not a staff member, so it’s a group effort. The ‘other thread’ isn’t relevant.

What STM32 & LoRa-node code experience do you have?

It is a Generic Node.

I found that appending “/claim” to the Web URL can enable the scanning of the QR code. QR code scanning succeeded but I got an error (but get some Id’s in the response)…

Sorry for the post, but it is sometimes frustrating that it should be easy to use and can’t get it done working ;o)

1 Like

Yes, hence the forum topic.

If I know what STM32 & LoRaMac-node code experience you have, I can create an appropriate response.

Hello,

To use the generic node on the LoraWAN it is necessary to compile the basic firmware : generic-node-se/Software/app/basic_lorawan at develop · TheThingsIndustries/generic-node-se · GitHub
You can change the keys on file : generic-node-se/app_conf.h at develop · TheThingsIndustries/generic-node-se · GitHub.
After that you need to flash this new firmware in your generic node with a STLink.

best regards,

mathieu

1 Like

Yes,

I was thinking about it while eating… : my bad guess was that I tought it should be running and sending basic messages (ex: temperature) out of the box.

I now understand I’ll have to load myself the example apps provided.

Sorry for the noise …

Tank you Mathieu & Nick

1 Like

I think this is a totally realistic expectation but it’s early days for the project and we need to wait on the details of the out the box provisioning - the secure element means all the keys are there, but I don’t think the volume of devices allows for automated updates to the claim database but is too large to be done by hand.

Actually the microchip secure elements are supplied with a json file for registration. No manual typing involved.

1 Like