How connecto to PRIVATE SERVER (OPC UA)

Hi all!

can someone help me or explain:

NODES -----> send temperature ----------> GATEWAY (configured as NETWORK SERVER) -------------> PRIVATE SERVER OPC-UA (inside my lan ).

Thanks in advance

If you are not using TTN, then this would be a topic for the gateway’s vendor and not here.

1 Like

Nick thank so much mate.

I understand that it is necessary to pass if or if by TTN?

NODES -> GETWAY -> TTN -> OPC UA?

I have seen that GATEWAY (has NODE-RED option)
something similar can be done like this: NODES -> GATEWAY (node ​​red app) ----> server opc-ua?
I apologize if I said absurd. Tnhaks

srry: my GETWAYS its MULTITECH CONDUIT

Typically you shouldn’t connect “in” to your server, but rather your server should connect “out” to collect the data.

Another common architecture is to have an MQTT broker running on a mutually visible cloud host, both the data sources and sinks maintain outbound connections to that and it delivers traffic received from the sources to the sinks.

Once a connection is open, data can flow both ways - the key is that things hiding behind firewalls, sitting on personal cable modems or mobile data provider modems etc should be making outbound connections rather than accepting incoming ones.

Even if you use a VPN, what you are basically doing is making an outbound connection to create a pipe which can then carry encapsulated network packets of the virtual network.

If you are using TTN many of these choices are already somewhat constrained for you: it is TTN’s servers which are the visible cloud hosts in the middle. If you are not using TTN, the question is off topic but you can learn some things by contemplating the architecture of TTN.

cslorabox thanks mate!