How to contact a gateway owner?

How can i get in touch with in this case gateway owner of the 0000024B080E0D5C
Looks like the location is way off.

On console you can fill in details, but how can someone get in touch with the owner?
Or is this not implemented yet?

Go to the TTN main page, scroll down to the map with gateways and zoom in on the location of the gateway. Once you click on the gateway it will show a contact option.

To find the location of the gateway as registered with TTN you can use the https://account.thethingsnetwork.org/api/v2/gateways/eui-0000024B080E0D5C . It lists the coordinates. (Also lists the user which can be appended to http://www.thethingsnetwork.org/u/ to find the user, the user page also contains a contact option)

3 Likes

Thank you @kersing
I have send the owner a message.

Hi @kersing, i have tried the same, but on the ttn home page I can’t get the owner’s info from clicking on the gateway icon. In one case I was lucky: i guessed the right community and on the community’s map (showing only the gateways of that community) I got the owner’s info. I would like to motivate gateway owners outside of communities to join my community, But how can i reach them? Also, not always the EUID is shown. :frowning:. Has this changed since 2017? Thanks…

The way data is presented on the main map changed in the late fall - I raised this issue with @rish1. As you now have to go into the communities pages and pull out the community for the area where the gateway is placed and then do as @Kersing says, as you found in that instance - usually but not always - the owner will be called out from the map on that community page. The big problem now is that there are many gw’s placed where they are not enclosed by a community radius or where a community has not even been set up!..then there is no obvious way to contact the owner… :frowning: TTN staff may however be able to help through their access to the various consoles & databases :wink:

1 Like

or the owner don’t want to be contacted hence his gw settings

See also Determine which gateway is used by a given node.

I am starting a community in Massachusetts, USA and want to contact the several gateway owners I see in the area. They are individuals, I have thought of driving to the areas and using the things node to ping them. Are gateway owners “private”, I am placing our gateways precisely and incorporating them into a GIS data set