How to setup a Gateway and network in Sydney - HELP

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to setup a small test gateway in Sydney… but am having problems working out what small Gateway to buy for my Smart Bin Sensors. The sensors work with LoraWAN but here in Australia and I wanted to use TTN Network…so could anyone help me set this up … or let me test my sensors inside their network just so I can show the concept works ? I need to show a viable solution by 10th Jan 2021.

My email is < redacted , use pencil icon at the top of this message to show edit >
My Whatsapp No. is < redacted >

It helps if you specify which frequency plan the sensor uses. Australia has the disadvantage of having two plan operational. The original Australia plan and one of the Asian ones.

My advice is to look at the Dragino range. LPS8 as small indoor gateway or if required there are outdoor gateways as well. Dragino is known to support both frequency plans. (Might require upgrading to the newest firmware)

1 Like

Not sure if you realise that any gateway on TTN will forward data from your sensor. All you need to do is get close to a gateway and if you have already registered your sensor on TTN Console its data will appear.
I started this way. Placed my sensor (node) in my car, drove to be near the closest gateway and watched the console on my phone.

1 Like

I just bought and setup the Dragino LPS8. It was easy and quick and a resonable price.

1 Like

GREAT…!!!
Did you order from these guys in Perth ?

Yes I did !

1 Like

I’m receiving it tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like