Limitations: data rate, packet size, 30 seconds uplink and 10 messages downlink per day Fair Access Policy

(Kalon33) #48

@arjanvanb I didn’t found that info in TTNmapper FAQ, do you know which packet rate (nb of seconds between packets, or packets/min) is authorized in SF7 (BW125) in Europe when performing mapping (and only mapping of course)? As for R&D, I imagine it’s higher than what is defined in Fair Access Policy? Because it’s hard to map with 5 minutes or so between packets with a moving node…

Thanks for your help.

(Arjan) #49

For mapping and any R&D, any duty cycle regulations for one’s region would still apply as usual.

The Fair Access Policy is a daily maximum of 30 seconds. As even a zero byte application payload would be fine for mapping, you could send 647 packets in SF7, with a delay of 4.6 seconds (assuming a 1% maximum duty cycle). So, you could be mapping for almost an hour without hitting the Fair Access Policy either. Even more, it’s not enforced yet.

Same values for 1 and 2 bytes application payloads (plus the 13 bytes header)

(Sil) #50

If I set up a private network as described in your tutorial , is Fair Access Policy automatically disabled or is there a configuration parameter to do that ? Thanks

Fair Access Policy isn’t enforced yet on the public servers, nothing to disable on private networks either.

(Am4 I) #55

Hello
When a ‘Link Check commands’ is used, the TTN send an Downlink with empty payload.
Is this downlink is count in restriction ( 10 downlink per day ) ?
Thank for response

(Hylke Visser) #56

All downlinks count, also downlinks sent in response to requests sent by the device. This includes ACKs to confirmed uplinks and responses to MAC requests such as LinkCheck for example.