Multiple confirmation messages for downlink msg?

Hi there,

I wanted to send a downlink message to one of my devices. Unfortunately, the setting did not seem to change.

When looking at the data I noticed that I get multiple confirmation responses - is this normal or is it eventually a device issue? (see screenshot below)

Thank you very much!
Christophresp

In TTN Console the word “confirmed” does not mean that something has been confirmed, but indicates that the receiver is expected to confirm the message.

In this case, the downlink is tagged “confirmed”, so the node should confirm the successful reception of the downlink message. To confirm, the node should set the ACK bit in its first uplink after receiving the confirmed downlink. If it does not do that, then TTN will send the downlink again. Maybe TTN should then use the same counter value though, so I’m not sure if that’s the case here. (But I guess it is, if you only scheduled a single downlink.)

If your node did not confirm the downlink:

• It might not have received it.
  • If it did receive it, its software might not know how the set the ACK bit. In that case you should fix that software, or should not use confirmed downlinks.