New Forum update

Hi everyone,

The forum got a pretty nice upgrade today, you can now use your TTN account to log in and register. The username remains in the scope of the forum, you can have a different one for this platform.

We sync the existing user account on the forum to your TTN account with the email address.

So:

1. If you do not yet have an TTN account. Create one with the same email address as the one you use for this forum.

2. If you do have a TTN account. Check if you use the same email address. If not, change the one in your TTN account to the one on this forum. Or contact us so we can fix it on the forum. See email below.

Last but not least, the forum uses HTTPS encryption and is under www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum … the old links will be redirected to new one.

If you encounter any issues, please let me know @ dorian@thethingsnetwork.org

Cheers !

Beware of references to the deprecated REST API (sometimes referred to as “Croft/Jolie”, using URLs starting with thethingsnetwork.org/api); see Connect an Application to use MQTT instead.

2 Likes

If you encounter any issues. Feel free to post them here.

You cannot log into the forum when already logged into the dashboard with another account. You need to log into the forum, then log into the dashboard again. Logging into the forum while still logged into the dashboard wants you to login or register using those details. Only way to get out of that was to logout of dashboard first.

Thanks

Andrew

@dorianamouroux can you have a look?

I think things might be a bit broken… at least for me.

I couldn’t sign in with my old account and password.
I couldn’t even reset my password as I was told the email address wasn’t registered.

I successfully recreated the account though

David

We should put that more clear in the message. What you did was right. You need to register an account with the same email address.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

would be nice to have a setting (in preferences?) to change the button ’ Go to the website’ in ’ Go to the forum’

Good one. I think we should create more uniformatiy between the account pages and the rest of the website.

Ok, so I accidentally did the right thing.

It doesn’t take much to confuse me…

Thanks,
David

Hi Andrew,

We can merge those account if it’s a problem for you. Please send an e-mail or a private message.

Cheers,
Dorian

1 Like

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

The forum upgrade seems to have messed with some of the links.

1. The TTN logo at the top of the forum page used to go to the main forum page, now it points to the main TTN site.
  2. The link in “There are 16 unread remaining, or browse other topics in …” points to a non existing URL. (Current URL is https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/unread, should be https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/unread)

you are a new user… welcome.
there is a delay to give you the chance to have a look at some topics before posting your first