Laird: Sentrius RG1XX

https://www.lairdtech.com/products/rg1xx-lora-gateway

Comes with WI-FI / Bluetooth / Ethernet

Also coming is the Sentrius RG1xx-M2 Concentrator Card, a pluggable M2.COM LoRaWAN gateway adapter that works with any Linux platform.

Production units for both the RG1xx and RG1xx-M2 will be available starting in June 2017.

4 Likes

any price indication ?

Looks nice,
Mayby a bit of a random question but whats the point of having bluetooth on a gateway?
Canā€™t really think of a case where it would be usefull.

You can use it for setting up (configuration) and as a gateway for Bluetooth sensors.

ā€¦and a few other things :slight_smile:

Interesting to see Laird submitting patches to the Linux kernel to support this:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/3/16/258

(and from TTN forum member @BWhitten no less! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sales guy said itā€™ll cost at least half of multitech, weā€™ll seeā€¦

Looks like it is going to be around ā‚¬ 269,70 :blush: (excluding VAT)

1 Like

wow, and default support for TTN ?

• oh itā€™s ā€™ pending ā€™

1 Like

We have one in our office now and it seems to be working fine as a ā€˜Legacyā€™ Packet Forwarder. Please let me know if you need more information. We will be selling them as a B2B distributor in the EU.

1 Like

sureā€¦ minimal the price and delivery time/costs :wink:
preferably in this topic

1 Like

Seems RG186 is available per direct, ā‚¬245,- ex vat. Works out of the box with TTN. Anyone has experience?

Yes there was a great post about it recently, maybe the moderators can move it to this topic?

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/big-product-placement-allowed-topic/7760/62?u=jmarcelino

I ordered one, but cannot find a supplier who can deliver it to the UK before mid September.

1 Like

EBV did send me an email, telling the units are on stockā€¦

Just received the Sentrius today, Easy to set up, does not have bluetooth yet, no need for it anyway.

Have registered it on TTN a few hours ago, how long does it take to show up on the network??

Here in Toronto the cost was $355 Canadian.

Maybe thereā€™s some misunderstanding at EBV to me they said their units were arriving on the Sept 5.

Iā€™ll check again tomorrow, thanks.

I got last one at our Canadian distributor. When you get yours it runs the Semtech UDP packet forwarder protocol.

I updated the firmware thinking it might update to the new TTN forwarder and it did not.

Easy to set up and get going. Interface is really easy. I think that the plastic case is not that great.

Lora Gateway TTN Test : Laird Sentrius

This week we received our first Laird Sentrius Lora Gateway at the office. Time for a first test to replace our RasPi based TTN gateway that frequently stalls. (Probably due to the SD-card unreliability).
As true Hardware-freaks we first opened the case to take a look inside :slight_smile:

The Sentrius board is a quite simple setup, containing a base board with power and Ethernet interface, stacked with just 2 modules: A Linux-Based Wifi/bluetooth module (WB50NBT) with Atmel Cortex-A5, combined with a Lora-M2 module (RG186-M2). This is the concentrator-card containing the famous Semtech SX1301 and SX1257 radio chips. Three antennas are connected via u.fl-connectors to the external casing.
The Sentrius supports Dualband Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0 (BT and classic), LoraWan and Ethernet, and comes with full packet forwarder software with a set of defaults for well-known LoraWan Network providers, (including TTN - The Things Network).

Out of the box, the gateway is connected via the Ethernet port to your internet-available network. Like common gateways and routers, the GUI interface works via an HTTP connection. Setting up the gateway for TTN is a matter of 10-15 minutes using the presets. In advanced mode its possible to tune the gateway for other networks ā€“ public or private. With additional development on the linux-platform, it should be possible to add multi-packet forwarders for any type of network ā€“ this is to be continued.

The gateway is now 24/7 operational, and itā€™s worth mentioning that the system is not running very hot (what we saw with our RasPi solution with a MultiTech concentrator it would burn your fingers!)

Gateway costs a 245Eu and the M2-concentrator module only will be available well below 100Eu by end-Q3.
Interest? ā€“ drop me a mail

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œjavos65, post:18, topic:6077, full:trueā€]Gateway costs a 245Eu and the M2-concentrator module only will be available well below 100Eu by end-Q3.
Interest? ā€“ drop me a mail
[/quote]
So ā‚¬245 for a (as of 11/07) certified gateway with wifi and ethernet, available now? That will rough some feathers up :speak_no_evil: .

edit
Digi-Key had 10 units in stock at ā‚¬250 a piece, but these apparently sold out immediately. They now show 16 weeks lead time. Mouser prices them at ā‚¬224, but also with 9 weeks lead time.

Tthe 10 units are still at Digikey, but you canā€™t buy them if youā€™re logged in from Europe because they havenā€™t received the necessary export paperwork from Laird yet. I was in touch with them but August is that dreaded month when nothing seems to happen no matter how hard you try :slight_smile:

Yes feathers will be definitely be roughed up, not only is the base cost very interesting but I know understand that if you say order enough RM186 modules (and Iā€™m not talking thousands here) Laird may even supply a gateway as a development kit free of charge.

1 Like