Nonce reuse error not visible in console?

Hi,

I have deliberately set up a device to reuse the same nonce over and over when joining. I expect this to not work, and it indeed does not. However, there is no error that shows up anywhere in the console? I just see the repeated join requests in the gateway data, and nothing in the application data. There is nothing in the JSON, nor in the expanded data when I click on the join request itself.

Could someone please tell me where this error shows up in the console?

It seems that the different routers behave very differently. Using the ‘asia-se’ router, I can see all of the join requests in my gateway traffic, but I never see a “join accept” green lightning bolt. With a new nonce, it just accepts the join and then starts showing packets, without ever displaying the “join accept”

On the other hand, with the ‘meshed’ router, it rejects the “join request” with the duplicate nonces but the traffic doesn’t even show up in my gateway in the console. Looking at the logs of the concentrator, it is definitely receiving and forwarding the packets. The gateway console does however show the “join accept”, but it doesn’t show the “join request” data (yellow lighting bolt), even for the successful ones.

Is this variability expected?