Picking a LoRaWAN TTN Module

Hi all,

I am investigating leveraging a LoRaWAN module which can talk to TTN (US915). AT Commands work perfectly for my use case. I only need to transmit data every so often (every 20-30m) and receive downlinks. I would like to of course be as low-power as possible with the module and I will be communicating with the module with an external mCU.

I was just wondering what module people are using in their projects and if they’ve had good experiences with them. Ideally, something that has some shelf life (I can’t find any stocked RN2483) on a package that can be easily mounted. I only need the module for LoRaWAN, so I don’t need any other pinouts. I was looking at the RAK4200. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi

i am using CubeCells devices from Heltec in most of our nodes.
There is a module version of the cubecell which can be used with AT Commands.

https://heltec.org/project/htcc-am01/

First of all for US915 you need the rn2903a. Next, don’t know what suppliers you tried but I checked 4 and all had stock. Microchipdirect.com can ship over 3000 units from stock. Do you need more?

Given your questions and misconceptions regarding LoRaWAN I would suggest you look at contracting an experienced LoRaWAN developer. Saves you a lot of time and hassle and should help create in a better product.

I used Maxiiot DL7612-AS923-TH with MicroPython.image This
module is an AT command module… Source codes are at https://github.com/m2mlorawan/ESP32_MicroPython. Maxiiot also has 915Mhz version.
My sensor node (12_ESP32CCS8128OLED.py) work well with OTAA both class A and class C. Downlink message is processed by using ESP32 Thread and Uplink is done in CayenneLLP format. (upload://pWH7E2ca7ABbSRudw8Mi6IsTEGg.jpeg)

Somsak

Thanks all for the great product links.

You’re right on getting expert advice, but I’m in the prototyping stages at this time (working on this in spare time), and I thought I’d give a shot at programming it myself. I would’ve saved a lot of headache not learning hardware at all (I’m a software engineer), but in the end I actually enjoy building this stuff. It’s thanks to the great community (Arduino and here alike) that have made my product I’m building a possibility!

1 Like