Raspberry Pi combinig with IMST iC880a Local Mode

Hello,
I would like to use a Raspberry Pi combinig with IMST iC880a to make a gateway but without sending the data to a TTN server but on the USB port of the raspberry pi for processing on my laptop.

And after recovering data through “util_pkt_logger” I can process my data and send it to the USB port ? and can I treat my data according to DevEUI directly in the configuration of the Raspberry Pi of my nodes not to overheat my treatments after ?

Thank you so much if you can guide me

You would need to e.g. run a network server solution on your raspberry pi then have the gw/packet forwarder/gateway bridge send the data to the NS e.g. through assigning it to the local loop back address 127.0.0.1 and then have the NS send the data either to an app server on the rPi logging the results to the USB connection or to your laptop where you would need to run your app server/payload decoder…GIYF

Thank for replay,
I can’t recover the data via the .csv file create on the raspberry pi?
I must to have a Lora server to create my node objects for communicate with my gateway ? bacause now i do not receive anything for my TTN node

Thank you

Yes and no. The lora server manages the encryption keys, decrypts lorawan packets, handles device join procedures and keeps track of the counters used to prevent replay attacks. So it does a lot the logger utility can not handle.
If you just use LoRa you do not need a lot of that functionality. If you use LoRaWAN you need something that does.
If you don’t care about security you can use ABP with some made up keys and device addresses in the 00xxxxxx range. There are tools that are able to decrypt the data (requires knownledge of the keys) and you can probably extract the data from the util_pkt_logger output.

Take a look at the TTN network architecture to check all the components involved in LoRaWAN and their roles so you know which parts are required for LoRaWAN communication.

Thanks a lot for help me :slight_smile:
So, if I program the TTN node in ABP mode, could communicate with my gateway which has no server lora inside and I will be able to retrieve the data via the program util_pkt_logger?

Thanks,

I managed to recover the TTN node sensor data, but if I have two sensors how can I identify them because with the file create by util_pkt_logger iit’s not incomprehensible

"gateway ID", "MAC node", "UTC timestamp", "us count", "frequency", "RF chain", "status", "size", "modulation", "bandwidth", "datarate", " code rate, "" RSSI "," SNR "," payload "
"403724221C206100", "", "2019-02-24 22: 20: 56.078Z", 11777972, 867300000.0, 4, "CRC_OK", 14, "LORA", 125000, "SF7", "4/5" , -39, +8.2, "40232323-23000400-012EB91E-B4DA"

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.