Single Channel Packet Forwarder part 3 [Deprecated]

Thank you for help.

But you did ask;

“I need to make a low coast LoRa Gateway using Raspberry pi 3 and Wifi LoRa 32”, hence the answers you got and you do not need a node (Wifi LoRa 32) to make a Gateway.

Try a Google search on;

raspberry pi lora gateway

1 Like

Hi all,
does anyone know a working library for a Singol Channel Gateway (Raspberry PI3),
with the possibility of downstream messages?

I am currently using /tftelkamp/single_chan_pkt_fwd , but it does not have this feature.

In the summary at the beginning of this tread, for the gateways made with ESP8266 are indicated a couple of packages that have this possibility, but I have not found anything for raspberry PI3

Thanks

Hi all
I found and verified the operation of a library to create a gateway with Raspberry PI3 and Dragino Hat v1.4, which allows the downstream messages

I used the code https://github.com/bokse001/dual_chan_pkt_fwd/tree/dual_chan_pkt_fwd_up_down
following the directions with the changes written in the post1
DRAGINO problems and solutions topic
and in the post2
DRAGINO problems and solutions topic

@BoRRoZ do you suggest making a dedicated topic ?

3 Likes

sure… if you make a clear topic start with all the info :roll_eyes:

@BoRRoZ
I published all the info collected in a new topic LINK, I hope I was clear :grin:

1 Like

yes thank you ! great write up very helpfull :sunglasses:

Can’t gateway, that uses rfm95w module and Raspberry, send down message to end-node?
I used single Chanel library. Thank for your answers!

Hello,

I running a single channel GW with the latest Dragino board directly attached to a raspi.

I using the single_chan_pkt_fwd and logging the incoming messages.

So far my gateway have received 90 messages from these some of them are sort as:

MR/L+YjZ

I believe these are invalid/broken packets however most of them are over 70 character base64s.

I only see Received Messages: 2 so far 2 out of 90.

There is no other gateway anywhere nearby me so I don’t think some of these were not counted because it went into other gateway first.

and your question is ?

Why are there only 2 messages showing up?

• What is the difference between a “single-channel gateway” and a “real gateway”?

A real gateway is able to listen on 8 channels and all spreading
factors at the same time. Single-channel gateways are fixed to one
channel and spreading factor, so they will only receive about 2% of the
messages unless you specifically configure your nodes to send at the
exact same configuration as your single-channel gateway.

As LoRaWAN is a spread-spectrum radio protocol, single-channel
gateways are not LoRaWAN-compatible.
You can use a single channel gateway on the TTN network but you miss a lot of messages, if you use your own node you can match your gateway channel with that of the node and don’t miss messages because the channels are 'locked.

hello all, i just install ttgo singlechannel gateway and test another node is ttggo 868 mhz node

node keep sends uplink data to gateway but how can i send downlink message to node?

for example

turn on or off message to node

thanks

@telkamp Please excuse the completely noob question, but I am trying to use your hallard implementation, but can’t seem to find the Gateway Id. Everything seems to work fine but it just starts and stops without telling me what the id is, as per the below picture. Please could you explain where I’m going wrong?Capture
In advance, thanks a lot! Several hours of Googling don’t seem to have helped, so lets try people!

It would be shown in the log file, or you can work around not seeing it by starting the packet forwarder like below:

./single_chan_pkt_fwd/single_pkt_fwd

Assuming that you are in the pi folder. Also this should be obvious but sometimes people forget so before you run that command make sure you stop the service with sudo systemctl stop single_chan_pkt_fwd.

Perfect, thanks very much @glbaum ! Just one point for anybody else with this problem in the future, running this command from the pi folder didn’t work (I assume a permission issue), but going into the single_chan_pkt_fwd folder and running ./single_chan_pkt_fwd worked perfectly.

I don’t necessarily remember if I needed to use sudo to run it outside of it’s folder but maybe that’s the case. I just know that I had been able to start it that way, but either way I’m glad you got it working @Paul_B!

Hello

I made a BOM at octoparts for the WeMos/LoLIN D1 mini SCGW for the PCB from @Charles and his solution at his Git .
At my BOM i made a little bit more.
Ad OLED, SMA, Conector for OLED … and so on. Describe a little bit at the end of the rows. :slight_smile:
But before i spread, can someone have a look that BOM is ok? And give me response for improovements.
If interestet you can find it here: octoBOM

Greets

I used this code in my esp32 (https://github.com/things4u/ESP-1ch-Gateway-v5.0), everything is working, however I wanted to register my gateway at the gateway console, but there is a gateway key and I do not know where to put it in the code. How I do this?

I think you have to go about this the other way around. Load the sketch on your ESP and either look at the ESPs gateway dashboard / website or the serial monitor and find the “Gateway ID”. Use this ID to register your single chanel gateway with TTN. Make sure click the “I’m using the legacy packet forwarder” checkbox on the gateway registration page and the form will change to accept your gateway ID.

2 Likes