SSLCertVerificationError from MQTT to listen application

Hello Everyone,

I have a python programm to listen my application. It worded fine but just now it has a ssl problem and I don’t know how to fix that.image

Maybe someone know what should I do now?

Thanks in advance!

Han

One intermediate certificate for letsencrypt expired on Oct 1st just do a google to find a solution for your platform.

Sorry, I did some research but can not solve this problem. Could you please tell me more about that?

Hello there, I could still not solve this problem. Could you maybe tell me a little bit more about that?

I just commented on a similar topic Python TTN library broken? - #2 by htdvisser (but that one was about V2).

The documentation of the paho-mqtt package says that By default, on Python 2.7.9+ or 3.4+, the default certification authority of the system is used.

If this is the case for you, your operating system may be outdated. Otherwise, you may want to explicitly configure an up-to-date CA certificate bundle such as https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem.

Hello, could you maybe tell me how to update my CA certificate. I have no idea where I should save the xxx.pem and xxx.crt.

You either need to overwrite a system file (not a good idea / and the location depends on your OS).
But you can take what is in the doc Hylke mentioned, and set a custom “ca_certs”, for example store it in “/path/to/cacert.pem”, and adopt your “client.tls_set” accordingly:
client.tls_set(ca_certs="/path/to/cacert.pem")