The Things Network products will be distributed and manufactured by element14 / Farnell

Today we announce, element14 / Farnell - the company behind the success of Raspberry Pi, is our partner in the production of your products. We are happy to finally break the news.

This is awesome because:

• The products are made by one of the top electronic companies in the world.
  • They have a proven track record in supporting community driven ecosystems like Raspberry Pi.
  • We now have access to a global distribution of the products, supporting our mission to create a global Internet of Things data network.

We are very happy to welcome element14 / Premier Farnell to our community.

The reason why we have partners like element14, and Microchip earlier, is because they can bring the global scale we require to fulfil our mission.

Love to hear what you think about this. And how we could fully leverage this partnership?

5 Likes

congrats !

1 Like

Very cool, well done.

1 Like

Thanks! We are meeting resellers now in Munich so hope we can make sure that all targets groups can be served through this partnership.

Hello , Good news , important ingredient alliances to reinforce all the great TTN objectives. Cheers !

1 Like

Maybe it is just pure coincidence, but to me it seems that the announcement of the Farnell partnership plus the countdown to the delivery of the first TTN gateways is already generating some moderate price war:
http://webshop.imst.de/radio-modules/lora-concentrators/ic880a-spi-lorawan-concentrator-868mhz.html

I am one of the hundreds that already had a TTN gateway ordered, hopefully I will be among the first ones to use it as well. By the way, when are you going to publish the user manual, the binaries and the source code of the gateway?

1 Like

That is great news. And exactly what we wanted to accomplish. Drive the price down. And make the fun go up! :slight_smile: