The WORKBENCH part 3

I was considering using Home Assistant to control some stuff at home (TTN unrelated), so I wanted to see if I could easily integrate LoRaWan sensors in the dashboard…

HAss

There is an existing TTN component, but it relies on the storage integration and poll to get data; not something I wanted to do.

But it can be achieved very easily by bridging the TTN MQTT broker and the HAss one; all your sensor data is then readily available through the MQTT Sensor component!

4 Likes

:thinking::roll_eyes:

Progress update on my educational nodes: #happy

HANESEIoTNODE_000

HANESEIoTNODE_002

HANESEIoTNODE_001

7 Likes

looking great !

I ordered a bunch of these. Would have been very useful on a job I am doing now using some of those 5volt, M18 photoswitches and a 433mhz key phob/receiver also 5volt on an ESP32. I used 3.3v Zeners to clamp the input pin voltage but would have been so much neater and easier with these!

1 Like

Whats on my workbench today? Well this puppy.

photo5924878785101017191

I have the deaf ic880A board from my gateway (link) laying around and thought it was a pitty not to use it any more. The sensitivity isn’t that great (aprx 22 dB deaf) so absolute not usable for a outdoor gateway, but for demonstrations, workshops and lectures it is still usable. So I ordered a protype of the V1.1 CH2I board, grabbed a old RPI3 and loaded it with the gateway software. After a bit of compiling, configurating and tweaking it was up and running.

Now I’m going to hunt for a nice small suitcase which will hold the GW and a few demo nodes.

2 Likes

koffert

1 Like

indeed something like that :slight_smile:

Edit : and of-course I should think about a few demo nodes.

1. TTN BME280 enviromental node
  2. TTN doorbell node
  3. TTN TrashBin sensor node
  4. TTN Track&Trace node

Any other cool idea’s?

This is my ESP32 Wroom and RFM95 PCB. Expect to get the PCB in a few days for testing. Hope it will work fine. Can anyone suggest a new LDO to replace LM1117? I am looking for a super low quiescent current LDO that can supply up to 800mA.
Finished product is expected to be sold at Tindie.com.

M2M Shop

aaa

1 Like

:+1:

TR-MEK-D8945AL-01
coming soon in THE REVIEW : MEK-D8945AL

TR-LTH5200-01
coming soon in THE REVIEW : LTH5200

Baby brother to the GW Owls…mini Owl in test/dev to be based on RAK 5205 trio tracker/sensor board- potentially with wireless charging as option vs USB, main power will be a small LiPo (as used for small drones)

2 Likes

Two great excuses for staying at the office/workbench today so I can stream the TTN Conf live and watch news as it comes in! :slight_smile:

1st a new packaged arrived from Farnell yesterday :thinking: -

Oh joy! Another Laird GW…TTN GW #25 here we come! :slight_smile:

2nd I need to carry on prototyping around another variant of the RAK 5205 Trio Tracker as used with the mini Owl…this time the SMA version - which is too big for the current builds of plastic…hummm what can I use? :thinking: :tada:

Perfect!

And with enough space inside for an 18650 battery shield! :slight_smile:

:thinking: Hummm… :thinking:

@kenyu @rakwireless Guess I’ll just have to order some more 5205 Trios! :smile:

(More tins in workshop also…)

1 Like

max-05

IMG_20190201_172919_01

Really liking this node red.

1 Like

Have you tried compiling the rak5205 software, outside of Kiel?

Man you have to eat a lot of cashews to use the empty cans… do you put isolation inside Jeff ?

Been collecting a while - knew they would come in useful in workshop and some had been used to store larger components, plus jumper cables, etc…in brainstorming session as an apprentice years ago the team always called nuts ‘brain food’!

Good thing is mount everything on the ‘lid’ then just pop onto housing - job done… Some cartons have a ‘silvered’ finish which helps a little with EMI shielding (have lots of fresh ground coffee cans which are great for this too! :wink:

A friend has also suggested we try and build a unit to bury as a seismic detector or for monitoring land slip etc…need to think on that…

sendback

:rofl:

1 Like

After a week where it was thought a shipment from Far East was stuck in transit with DHL magically it arrived earlier today after a weekend chase-up…

What can it be?

A special delivery that I had hoped to review and get up on forum in time for the TTN-Conf…ah well…

Courtesy of @kenyu and the @rakwireless team I am pleased to say I was able to buy a pre-launch example of the new DIY Outdoor Gateway :slight_smile:

Which I’m assured is the 1st review unit…so watch out for coming full unboxing pictures & video, assembly/build update, and later a review of configuration and performance in the field :wink:

Much of which will get posted to the RAK7249 - DIY enterprise gateway forum thread with appropriate links.

4 Likes