The WORKBENCH part 1

Yip Corona is a necessity… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A nice article on increasing refresh rate of the waveshare display: http://benkrasnow.blogspot.fr/2017/10/fast-partial-refresh-on-42-e-paper.html

1 Like

objective is to mount it on a RPI zero (gw) … after I understand :roll_eyes:

what about this … :heart_eyes:

wow

2 Likes

x761

x760

2 Likes

Really? Do I need to change GW Shield to have holes to fix this display that I love so much :wink:

PS : Take care that 2 SPI devices on same SPI bus with 2 different process may cause trouble (both process accessing SPI bus at the same time). I do not know if Debian has a kind of build in semaphore to prevent this to happen?

LOL… no I wasn’t talking about a gateway display so you don’t have to design a new PCB :rofl:

(but technically it’s possible to control 2 spi devices on one bus… but that’s another story)

woke up with an idea this morning :

create an (esp) webserver that transmits a webpage with the TTN’s gateway UART debug data, so you can check on a browser (phone/laptop ) the uart output messages wireless.

just a little tool that you plugin the TTN gateway and it works.
but I realize that the TTN gateway power supply is possibly not strong enough ?

a serial to wifi bridge, any input / ideas very welcome :sunglasses:

---------------------- HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND ------------------------------

And this one with a browser terminal interface

we want only to remotely read out the gateway’s uart debug messages in a browser and no programming on the gateway’s side :roll_eyes:

Yes got it, that what’s it basic does :wink:

got it to … I put it in the hackable usefull list tnx Charles :wink:

• what do ya think… is it feasable ?

For sure, I’ve updated the repository

• put in the sketch your SSID/PASSWORD here

• Select correct Flash size from Arduino IDE (example for a WeMos) usually (4M / 1M SPIFFS)

• just flash the SPIFFS file system from Arduino IDE (contains webserver) to ESP8266 (From Tools ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload, see pictures above)

• then just flash the sketch above with classic upload button

• once flashed connect TTN GW TX to ESP8266 RX (GPIO3)

• connect to http:/your_ESP_IP/ then on terminal type connect

• take care serial port used for upload is the same so to update firmware of ESP8266 so you have 3 choices:

• you need to remove TTN GW TX when flashing
    • use OTA to update
    • connect TTN TX pin to GPIO13 and use swap to swap serial pins

Picture does not show data because I have not connected GW to ESP8266 so it’s empty
Have fun

wow a complete tutorial… great tnx Charles… I’ll try later today :sunglasses:

oh no, far from complete :wink:

x764

x765

1 Like

x766

waited over a month for some new knobs… they are here but still not happy :sunglasses:

1 Like

x768

x767

found another nice indoor ridgid blue node enclosure

1 Like

x769

merci @Charles

6 Likes

You’re welcome,
Took 3 days coming from France to NL with 1€ basic post enveloppe, not bad at all :wink:
Have fun

1 Like

Wondering how to get accurate UV and lux measurements from a sensor, while still protecting the electronics :thinking: A piece of glass would be the obvious thought, but glass is pretty good at blocking UV.

Started thinking about using flexible TPU to print a “snug” case for the sensors themselves - needs some alignment still but I can see how you might want to assemble most of the case internals like this. (I don’t think it’ll provide much environmental protection tho).

How do other folks do this?

IMG_2560

2 Likes