The WORKBENCH part 1

x660
x661

the idea … rotating a reflector around a small antenna to gain a bit in a certain direction.
reflector wil be mounted on a little stepper motor driven platform, with the antenna sticking trough.

well… that’s the theory :crazy_face:

use case : when receiving location data from mobile tracker the antenna follows the tracker

x662

multiple SPI devices (RFM95) on a single arduino ? … meganode :crazy_face:

1 Like

The new RFM95PW is slightly too wide for one breadboard :weary:

DSC_1446

1 Like

Sounds like a plan…will look myself as years since I last used any ‘free’ hosting services - just those associated with some (paid for) domain reg ‘free’ holding pages.

Mind you down for maintenance already? :hushed: :-

"
BORROZ-IOT

BoRRoZ is down for maintenance… lol.
Please check back again soon.
"

…or you just haven’t had time to load up a some content/holding page yet given all the other toys and distractions above? (RAK831 win, directional/steerable ant. multiple SPI etc.)… where do you find the time! Need to sleep sometime so hence BoRRoz is down for maintenance? tee hee…

lol… actually I have joomla installed (but didn’t like the template and I had no content, so I set it to ‘maintenance’

SCL and SDA for multiple SPI devices? :crazy_face:

:wink:

1 Like

x663

repeating the conference workshop @ home

‘LoRa Warrior’

Based on @Charles’ very nice Mini-LoRa PCB (with minor custom modifications).
Arduino Pro Mini (stripped for low-power) + RFM95W module, standard 2x AAA 3V battery compartment and 5cm antenna.

LoRa Warrior 5cm antenna front and back 800x822

LoRa Warrior front and back 800x830

LoRa Warrior 5cm antenna wired front and side 518x800

4 Likes

sexy :wink:

2 Likes

Nice idea, I haven’t read the full article but I suspect that you will probably run into interrupt issues, because you will not be able to (instantly) respond to hardware interrupts when an interrupt occurs(?).

I will run in some issues, and for those I need extra (fast) ports, probably a dedicated lib
well it’s just an idea… but of course I bought the components :sunglasses:

I think I’ll need rf switches on those ports to, so I won’t blow frontend from the rfm95 when one is transmitting and one is listening (the antenna’s are on the same enclosure and very close) :scream:

Speaking about low-power:

Does anyone know a source for Dave Jones’ (EEVblog) µ-Current measuring device (or equivalent) for measuring low currents?

He currently does not sell it anymore, nor does lowpowerlab.com.

x664

I can recommend this multimeter

x665

I sent a mail to Dave last week asking him and telling him the links to his alternative “German” website didn’t work…

No reply yet…

As I understand he makes a batch of 100 now and then and sells them through his own website.

1 Like

If you are in the market for a low power measurement device. The new EEVBlog multimeter has got uA range same as the uCurrent Gold.

are they sold in the EU ?

@bluejedi Yes I went to LowPowerLab, Felix don’t do it anymore. so the last solution is a DIY
It’s open source so you can get all here including gerber files and BOM file, should be easy to make :wink:

You can order uCurrent PCB directly on OSHPArk

2 Likes

Nice but around €420, way over my (hobby) budget.

Nice but I think this will suffer the same issues as even very expensive ones when measuring very small currents.