The WORKBENCH part 1

What about software I2C on 2 other free I/O? not the best but could save buying another hardware :wink:

probably not Charles… clockspeeds of 100 / 400 khz ? really need dedicated hardware… especially when your node is running LMIC
I will try first with the ordered module and if really neccessary there must come a pcb with 2 x ds3231 and one TCA9548A and off course an FRAM … so you have 4 controllable alarm interrupts over i2c and a nice alarm / sensor settings table :wink:

x802

x803

1 Like

Google photo’s any good to you…?

maybe… @ the moment they are on a local nas and in the cloud, didn’t researched a lot last weeks but yeah, maybe google is an idea too tnx

x804

new e paper portable test rig next to the ‘old’ one :sunglasses:

x805

x807

these e paper displays are a perfect match for let’s say a temperature node.
they don’t use any energy so the last measurement transmitted stays on the screen after you disconnect the power (gpio off) and the processor goes to sleep.
the display flashing during write (always full screen and can take up 1 to 5 sec!) is no problem when refreshing a few times per hour .

problems arise when you try to partial write (then you don’t have that flashing) something (updating a value) the screen looks then like its is in a snowstorm, gone is the beautifull white background.
@ the moment I’m trying to make a menu with a rotary… menu’s are 99.9% of the time static so theoretically a good candidate for epaper , if you don’t turn a knob or a switch it uses no energy.

3 Likes

Portable you say?

1 Like

ghostbusters ?

1 Like

No hunting for rogue LoRaWAN nodes

1 Like

lorawan%20winput%20ridderkerk
LoRaWAN (KPN) waterlevel monitor OASEN Ridderkerk NL

I found a few… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Taking a small break from the TTN shenanigans. Tnx @BoRRoZ for the screen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

very nice :sunglasses:

Very nice

Hello All

Im from Jakarta, Indonesia
So much insteresting topic, thank you all for sharing, so many interesting ideas

2 Likes

what filament do you use? it is wheather shield?

Where i can buy this module?

@Charles

ch2i%20lorix

Hi Charles, these tyraps will get ‘brittle’ after a while and break (been there :sunglasses: )
To be safe fit new ones once a year

3 Likes

Whatever it does, it at least looks interesting. :grinning:
(even spotted a STM32 bluepill)

1 Like

bluepills makes many people happy :wink:
and you can connect an e paper display to it