The WORKBENCH part 1

some 'fancy links then :sunglasses:

x883

x882

this is that steel conrad enclosure, have one here from a never finished/started project … 2 rpi’s / one rak 831 / display / power adapter / ssd … it should fit :sunglasses:

2 Likes

oeps2

oeps… the framecounter of the test node started (lucky?) at zero again after reaching 65535 frames :roll_eyes:

code
didn’t expect it to last that long and stored it in an unsigned INT

2 Likes

unboxing

x886
x887

x888
non EU … :scream:

x889
but I could test with a flashlight :sunglasses:

x890
x891
image quality is good

4 Likes

Oh you did get the printed instructions manual in English ? I only had Chinese (but then she sent me a pdf on request).

Total cost? (including the customs taxes)

see The WORKBENCH part 1 - #966 by BoRRoZ - € 404,92

yes… little booklet.
did you get EU connectors for the led light and video camera ?

Nope, both US plugs, but I had an adapter for he camera available and another led ring which is fitting so didn’t ask for a swap.

I suppose for future EU buyers the best would be to ask for EU plugs at order time.

I had contact with seller this morning and she is finding a solution, be it adapter plugs or something else.
I see now that you are right about that extra lens…

but overall.. I’m very happy too … great video camera / lenses

quality

1 Like

I paid 325.27 € to the aliexpress seller - microscope kit + optional lens + shipping - and 82 € of various taxes on delivery - mostly VAT.

So total of 407.27 €

1 Like

I ordered one too some days ago.

1 Like

Well if yo need non-US plugs and the package didn’t ship already, tis about time to ask the seller :expressionless:

These are unsafe and may not be sold or imported in the EU. Chances are slim customs will intercept them but if they do you lose your investment… :wink:

1 Like

yes that is my biggest fear too … maybe they even fine you for illegal imports of dangerous goods.

batt1

2 x 1.5 = 3 :wink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-3V-2-AAA-Battery-Holder-Case-with-ON-OFF-Toggle-Switch-Box-Pack-Cover-TO/372253714603

CaliPile™ TPiS1S1385
detect human presence, human motion, thermal threshold crossing, thermal shock conditions, and timing conditions. In other words, this small thermopile can tell if someone has entered a room, if they are moving inside it, if they have stopped moving but still present, and if they have left.

But there are some sellers of the same ones sending them from the UK or other EU area.

Out of curiosity, why are they considered unsafe ?

you always see them in ‘travel’ kits … I don’t know… @kersing knows :sunglasses: possibly EU regulations
but the seller sended them as a solution.
btw (I was 'lolling a bit… because I just use such an adapter when neccessary with low currents)

Because you can touch the powered metal while extracting the US plug from the adapter (if the adapter is still in a powered socket). Legal plugs require the pins of the US plug to be shielded when they could be powered.

2 Likes