TTGO T-Beam topic

Hi @xefiji,

Your example is about LoRa point-to-point connections while this forum is about The Things Network (TTN) and LoRaWAN. With LoRaWAN nodes send messages to gateways which forward the messages to a central TTN backend server where they are picked up by user applications.
LoRaWAN does not support point-to-point connections and latter are not supported on the forum.

1 Like

Thank you @bluejedi ok i’ll try somewhere more appropriate for my use case (SO or Github) .

1 Like

Hi guys,

Does anyone made a platformio port of https://github.com/kizniche/ttgo-tbeam-ttn-tracker ? Or does anyone know where to find it ?

I’m trying it myself but I’m getting stucked in converting issues.
And why should I re-invent it when somebody else already has :wink:

Thanks

1 Like

There are not so many changes in schematics / parts of the most recent T-Beam v1.1 revision for paying attention to.
However, the PCB layout has been altered a little bit. Which makes older 3D enclosure for v1.0 to be no longer appropriate for v1.1

This is an illustration of all the ‘exterior’ updates:

More details are available at this Thingiverse page .

2 Likes

I have a question regarding the frame counter check. Do I have to reset the counter every time I restart the t-beam? I am using hottimucs mapper.
Is this the frame counter?

1 Like

LilyGO direct AliExpress store has started to process orders on a new variant of the T-Beam board with most recent Semtech SX1262 LoRa radio IC:

1. T-Beam SX1262 with ublox NEO-6 GPS module: AliExpress 1 2
  2. T-Beam SX1262 with ublox NEO-8 GNSS module: : AliExpress 1 2

It is expected to be Semtech “LoRa Space” friendly in:

• 433 MHz band variant - to operate with FOSSA Systems satellite(s)
  • 868 MHz band variant - to operate with Lacuna Space satellite(s)

This improved T-Beam is known to work nicely with TTN by means of port of BASICMAC (successor of LMIC) LoRaWAN library for Arduino IDE.

4 Likes

I need help in case of OTAA. It just stays on EV_JOINING. I am using the hottimuc mapper. It works with ABP, though. What could that be? The frame counter looks a bit odd, too. Do you still need to reset frame counter when using OTAA? When I choose SF8 it says “OP_TXRXPEND, not sending”, what does that mean?
IMG_1946
Sorry for the black bar on the top, that’s due to the refresh rate of the display.

1 Like

In the LilyGO Aliexpress store I noticed a new offering for the T-Beam V1.1 (8th August 2020).
I see now that there is a variant of the V1.1 board with an SX1262 radio module. image

1 Like

I’m facing exactly the same issue with this repo:

I’ve edited the configuration to use the European frequency and i can see the join request on my gateway with the right device code app etc etc and i saw that the network server accept the join request but it seems nothing received back by my device.

2 Likes

I can’t succeed in running the Paxcounter for ttgo t-beam v1.1. I don’t understand how to actually setup the files. Is there any other detailed example ? Could you please provide a mini tutorial with steps ? thanks in advance

1 Like

@Amedee I don’t understand what have you highlighted in that link? How should I get my EUI for ttgo T-beam instead of generating it in the TTN? Thanks.

1 Like

I managed to upload the default code. Steps are:

• install PIO in Vscode
  • download the project as zip
  • rename the platformio_orig.ini file (or create new one) with the platformio.ini name.
  • open project in vscode from PIO Home
  • follow the instructions on the git:
  1. rename src/paxcounter_orig.conf to src/paxcounter.conf or create new one
  2. edit src/lmic_config.h as you need
  3. create file src/loraconf.h (after the src/loraconf_sample.h)
  4. create file src/ota.conf

The code was successfully loaded on my board, even though I still can’t manage to actually write my own code. I would like connect a BM sensor for temperature and send data trough TTN. I did something similar with cubecell but it was easier. I would like some help regarding how to write code on this board (now that I have the paxcounter project running, what should I do next?).

1 Like

Do you have a working Visual Studio Code with PlatformIO?

The Basic Steps after the Download of the project as Zip file are:

• Unpacking the Zipfile

• Rename or copy platformio_orig.ini to platformio.ini

• Open the directory with VS Code

• Edit the board section in platformio.ini comment out generic with a ; in front
    and remove the ; in fornt of ;halfile = ttgobeam10.h

• check /src/hal/ttgobeam10.h if settings

• check and edit /src/lmic_config.h if your region is active

• Rename or copy loraconf_sample.h to loraconf.h
    Edit OTAA or ABP Keys with the keys from the TTN Console

• Rename or copy ota_sample.conf to ota.conf (There is no need to edit the file, it is needed to get the project compiled)

• Rename or copy paxcounter_orig.conf to paxcounter.conf and edit settings for your needs.
    Save all edited files (by closing the tabs)

• Change to PIO with the “Bug” symbole on the most lefthand row -> Press Clean-> Press “Upload and Monitor All”

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ve successfully uploaded the project onto the ttgo t-beam v1.0 board. The problem is that I don’t quite understand how I have to modify (and where , and which is the API) in order to attach a sensor to the board and start sending packages to the TTN. I would be glad if you could help me with this problem also. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

1 Like

Last answer was to slow.
But you manged it by reading the manual.

Copy the section for your BME Sensor from /src/hal/generic.h in your ttgobeam10.h and uncomment the “#define” lines

1 Like

So basically in my main.cpp the only header I am using is the ttgobeam10.h?

P.S What if I have a BMP sensor ?

1 Like

There is no need to edit the main.cpp to get the BME/BMP sensors running.

1 Like

I can’t succed in using the ttn-otaa example. With COMPILE_REGRESSION_TEST defined, I get errors like LMIC_getSessionKeys' was not declared in this scope and also EV_TXSTART, EV_TXCANCELED etc. What should I do ? thanks

1 Like

Check that you are using the latest stable versions of Arduino IDE (or PlatformIO), that the ESP32 support package is updated to the latest version, same for MCCI LMIC library and take care that you use the examples included with that MCCI LMIC library and not one from a different version or from a different library.

Your errors indicate a possible mismatch between example and LMIC library.

1 Like

I don’t know how to do this. The thing that I tried was to follow this tutorial for installing ESP32 by Espressif Systems (I think the problem comes from this , because in rest I have all versions up to date, and a single LMIC-master-library installed in my /Arduino/libraries).

1 Like