TTGO T-Beam topic

For example for the power configuration, where should I do that setup ? I still don’t find

1 Like

It appears that both Arduino and LoRaWAN are rather new to you.
This means that you will have to start with the very basics and do some serious reading and watch some online tutorials.
You will have to learn how to walk first before learning how to run. In this context programming Arduino with LoRaWAN, LMIC and a board with a power management chip can be compared with running.

Reading and trying to understand will help your learning process. As said before you will have to do your own homework, which is something different than asking after each next step “it (still) doesn’t work, know what?”.

I am surprised by your “… pin mapping … I don’t know how and where to do that”.

“pin mapping” can be found in the example source code, MCCI LMIC documentation and in relevant topics on this forum.

“pin mapping” can be found literally in the ttn-abp.ino and ttn-otaa.ino examples.
The Big ESP32 + SX127x topic part 3 topic contains a ton of useful information, pin mappings included.

If you don’t properly apply instructions then expect to run into even more problems. For instance, if you don’t properly configure regional settings for your region then connecting to the TTN network is not going to work (configuring regional settings is described in the MCCI LMIC documentation).

We are here to help you with specific/targeted questions. The more specific a question (and provided with sufficient detailed information) the better others can help answer your questions.
(But your homework you will have to do yourself.)

For TTGO T-Beam V1.1 the same LMIC pin mappings can be used as those for TTGO LoRa32 V2.1.6:

Source: Big ESP32 + SX127x topic part 3

//For TTGO LoRa32 V2.1.6 and TTGO T-Beam versions V0.x, V1.0 and V1.1:

const lmic_pinmap lmic_pins = {
    .nss = 18, 
    .rxtx = LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
    .rst = 23,
    .dio = {/*dio0*/ 26, /*dio1*/ 33, /*dio2*/ 32} 
}

For the basics you don’t need to care about this (no need to configure anything specific). In fact that documentation section does not even provide instructions for related software configuration items.
FYI: above is unrelated to the power management chip on T-Beam V1.x boards.

The most important things for getting the basic LMIC ttn-*.ino examples to run are:

• Properly setup the Arduino IDE (or PlatformIO for more advanced users) with ESP32 support.
  • Select the correct board in the IDE.
  • Install the MCCI LMIC library.
  • Use the ttn-abp.ino and ttn-otaa.ino examples included with above library.
  • Add a device (and application) in the TTN console.
  • Add the device’s LoRaWAN keys and ID’s to the example source code (in correct lsb/msb format).
  • Configure the correct LMIC pin mappings for your board in the code.
  • Configure the correct regional settings for your region.
  • Add anything board specific if required for your board (like the power management chip initialization code required for T-Beam versions 1.x).
1 Like

“Brute force” method of installing/updating TTGO T-Beam firmware is explained there.

This low cost (3-4USD) method can help when a particular board has microUSB (D+/D-) and/or ESP32 GPIO0 related issues.

BFF-7

3 Likes

I has a small year ago TTN mapper working on my t-beam. It works ok. But Now i can’t get it working anymore. In Arduino i got message like:

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCCI_LoRaWAN_LMIC_library\src\hal\getpinmap_thisboard.cpp: In function 'const Arduino_LMIC::HalPinmap_t* Arduino_LMIC::GetPinmap_ThisBoard()':
C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCCI_LoRaWAN_LMIC_library\src\hal\getpinmap_thisboard.cpp:69:72: note: #pragma message: Board not supported -- use an explicit pinmap
     #pragma message("Board not supported -- use an explicit pinmap")
                                                                    ^

And in Platformio is totally difficult. I should set in ''project confg" of the library the correct frequency but if i do i got a lot of errors because you need to configure the frequency just one time. What i did i changed only US915 in EU868 as described on step 3 of the TTN Mapper.

So i think the ttn mapper does not work anymore. Is there not somewhere a simple .bin file?

I got that pinmatic and board not supported by every lora application…

1 Like

@ haajee There are many TTN mapper projects. Can you provide a link to the project you tried?
In my experience it is mandatory to use the exact LMIC referenced in the original project. As long as possible in the exact version originally used.

1 Like

FYI, see:

The axp.setDCDC1Voltage(3300) fixed it.

2 Likes

<rant-mode>

Continuing my rant from Big ESP32 + SX127x topic part 3 - #396 by bluejedi :

• In TTGO T-Beam V1.0 and V1.1 circuit diagrams all button switches are labeled “reset”!

• Since 2020 Q4 The TTGO T-Beam (V1.1) is available in two very different configurations:

• With SX127x LoRa module
      This uses the original SX127x LoRa chip.
      This will work with the MCCI LMIC LoRaWAN library.

• With SX1262 LoRa module
      This uses the newer SX1262 LoRa chip.
      This will NOT work with the MCCI LMIC LoRaWAN library
      and requires a different LoRaWAN library with SX1262 support!
      (MCCI LMIC currently does not support SX1262.)

In all their ‘wisdom’ LilyGO decided to use the same name for both models:
      TTGO T-Tbeam V1.1 (a.k.a. T22 V1.1).
      So just the name and version are not enough to know anymore.
      You will now in addition also need to know which of these different LoRa modules is mounted on the board. The only way to see the difference is the text “SX1262” on the label on the LoRa module. And don’t forget that there are also different versions for different regions (ISM band frequencies).

</rant-mode>

Below is a correct overview of the button names and their function and how each is powered:

Button switch name Function Powered by
SW4 Reset +3.3V
SW5 User button, GPIO38 (active-low) +3.3V
SW6 Power VSys

Note my post above about the +3.3V line. It needs to be programmed/configured correctly before the +3.3V line will actually carry 3.3V. If the voltage is too low this may impact (prevent) proper operation of the board and the buttons powered via +3.3V.

3 Likes

Hey guys! First post here, looking for some help.

I’ve successfully connected my TTGO T-Beam to my TTN account. The payload decoder script at TTN keeps showing unrealistic values even though I’m getting this right at my board.

Here’s my buildPacket function that runs inside my TTGO

And this is what I get to see at my Serial Monitor

This is the payload that I got from this message

And this is the Decoder Function that I pushed to TTN

And finally this is what I got when TTN decodes my payload

1 Like

You can’t do what you think you can do with floats so easily - you haven’t told JavaScript you are actually reassembly a float so it just looks like a long integer to it.

Much simpler to multiply up the float to get the precision you need, like 1000, turn it in to a integer, then split it in two, send it, put it back to one and then divide by 1000.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. With this repo:
https://github.com/hottimuc/Lora-TTNMapper-T-Beam
How did you solve the problem?

1 Like

I’ve found a solution for

GitHub - hottimuc/Lora-TTNMapper-T-Beam: TTNMapper on the TTGO T-Beam

and TTN - OTAA

Modifications needed:

void loop() {
  if(LoraStatus == "EV_JOINING"){
    os_runloop_once();
  }
 // AXP powermanagement IRQ-handling
 if (axpIrq) {
      Serial.println("AXP IRQ!");
      axpIrq = 0;
     axp.readIRQ();
     if (axp.isPEKLongtPressIRQ()) {

and

void do_send(osjob_t* j) {  

if(LoraStatus == "EV_JOINING"){
    Serial.println(F("Not joined yet"));
    // Check if there is not a current TX/RX job running
    os_setTimedCallback(&sendjob, os_getTime() + sec2osticks(TX_INTERVAL), do_send);
  } else if (LMIC.opmode & OP_TXRXPEND)
  {
    Serial.println(F("OP_TXRXPEND, not sending"));
    LoraStatus = "OP_TXRXPEND, not sending";
  }
  else
  { 
    if (gps.checkGpsFix())
    {
      // Prepare upstream data transmission at the next possible time.
      gps.buildPacket(txBuffer);
      LMIC_setTxData2(port, txBuffer, sizeof(txBuffer), 0);
      Serial.println(F("Packet queued"));
      axp.setChgLEDMode(ledMode);
      LoraStatus = "Packet queued";
    } else {
      //try again in 3 seconds
      os_setTimedCallback(&sendjob, os_getTime() + sec2osticks(3), do_send);
    }
  }
  // Next TX is scheduled after TX_COMPLETE event.
}
1 Like

Thanks for the code! Any ideas for the following error I get after the code upload?
17:59:20.169 → TTN Mapper
17:59:20.169 → FAILURE
17:59:20.169 → C:\Users\jbejarano\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IBM_LMIC_framework\src\lmic\radio.c:689

Thanks in advanved!!

1 Like

Most likely an unexpected radio id compared to the settings in the config.

Which exact (ie where did you get it from on the internet) and version of the LMiC library are you using?

1 Like

I got it from Arduino manager. (here is the screenshot 05.06.2021-08.00.58): IBM LMIC Framework. I tried first with latest version (1.5.1) and then -due the error- I switched to 1.5.0 arduino-1.

Below an part of config.h (lmic library… these lines were modified)

//#define CFG_eu868 1
#define CFG_us915 1
// This is the SX1272/SX1273 radio, which is also used on the HopeRF
// RFM92 boards.
//#define CFG_sx1272_radio 1
// This is the SX1276/SX1277/SX1278/SX1279 radio, which is also used on
// the HopeRF RFM95 boards.
#define CFG_sx1276_radio 1

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

There is a newer TTGO T-Beam v1.1 in the market, which is sold with either SX1276 (or compatible HOPE chip) or SX1262.

LMIC radio controller currently has no support for SX1262. Thus, check your device for Lora chip type. So far there is no chance to get LMIC working on SX1262, unless someone implements this in LMIC.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I am sorry, did not catch your answer before. I finally make it work. There was a pin id issue with my code. I appreciate your time on this.

1 Like

I have an issue to connect to the THINGS NETWORK with ABP with my ttgo tbeam v1.1

1 Like

And… ??? ??? !!!

What issue, what have you tried, do you have logs etc.etc… … or was that just a proud shout out? :wink:

Did you read thread…esp post a couple above you wrt sx1276 vs sx1262 versions of module ? What do you have?

1 Like

For anyone reading this there is only the Semtech Device… Hope are a bit naughty and simply take the Semtech packaged chip and associated documentation and overprint on board/device & replace Semtech with their own branding…

1 Like

Please use correct (full) names and casing for any names and products. This will make your posts better readable for other users and makes information better findable when using the forum Search option.

(The Things Network can be abbreviated to TTN)

1 Like