New gateway: The Things Indoor Gateway

That is a very good point, thanks for checking it out… from the datasheet it looks like the module drives the pin at power on reset and power failures. I just swapped my short for a 1k pull-up and it works allright. It also looks like the signal is routed somewhere else on the board (there’s a via going to an inner layer)… wondering if it could be enabled from the main MCU via a firmware update… that would be even better!

Caution: Factory reset requires resetting the credentials on the server side as well to authorize the gateway to fetch new personalized credentials.

This is relevant when client auth methods such as ClientTLS or Auth Tokens are issued to the gateways. Currently, only server auth is supported. (https://doc.sm.tc/station/authmodes.html)

Even better yet: naming and shaming of those who did not plug it in yet:

As of now 234 gateways are registered and active which means that we need to shame 550 people.

1 Like

Why ‘shame’? It may be they are busy doing other things - tear-downs, re-housing in other cases, modding antenna’s etc…they may be ‘innovating’ so why assume a ‘shame’ needed…may also be waiting for dust to settle and all clear and set up easily (I did same with the Kickstarter GW when troubles 1st emerged!) as time for playing/debugging limited! :open_mouth: …shame on you for default shaming! :wink: :sunglasses:

(Note I don’t have one - yet! - and am not one of the 550…just saying…)

1 Like

So the AU915 channel plan has been released?

1 Like

Picked up a TIG at the conf, setup via WIFI ok, shows up as “connected” in TTN GW Console. But cannot connect any kind of node, OTAA’s fail (seen in Arduino IDE or LoPy serial consoles), no traffic in TTN Console. Suspect I have a 915 device. How can I determine that? Could not find a definitive answer in this thread…And if it is 915 is their a mod to switch to 868?

I think I voided the warranty on my gateway. But it seems to have a little more range.

6 Likes

13 Likes

the same antenne as used by Lacuna-space a “Square Quadrifilar Spiral” antenne
http://www.phychips.com/product-antenna/

1 Like

You can get that from the serial number on the back of your gateway.
TMBH100915xxxxxx -> US
TMBH100868xxxxxx -> EU

1 Like

Possibly, but I don’t think I should run US-915 here in The Netherlands…So either swap with someone outside EU with EU-868, or I am prepared to make a HW mod and loose warranty to configure EU-868. (After all “Never look a gift horse in the mouth” is both a Dutch and English expression).

Not if you’re referring to this specific gateway. From https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/thethingsindoor/faq.html

Q. I don’t live in Europe or in the US, can I still use the gateway?

Currently, the gateway only supports the EU868 and US915 frequency plans. Near the end of Q1, all frequency plans will be supported.

1 Like

I don’t think you can yet, but my understanding from talking to the TTI folks at conference was that this is definitely part of the plan.

1 Like

In my university we recently acquired a couple of real gateways for experiments, but I want one just for personal use at home instead on the single channel I have now. For this use, the price is right :wink:

3 Likes

If a ‘non techie’ can set this up (just plug in an outlet) and he can buy basic simple sensors and see data on an app… this opens a whole new 'home’market, range is not that important.
I think its a clever move.

4 Likes

Indeed. All we need now is a TTN app :wink:

no… TTN could supply a framework for this , someone or some company could write a nice app that non techies can use.

Imagine me, a non techie, So I bought the TIG, together with a ‘movement detector’ and 2 tempsensors from SENSORS inc.
(for that to happen they should be available in the future online at a non techie webshop)
I downloaded the free app, scan the code on the sensor boxes and I immediate have a nice menu.
A GUI that shows me the temps from the added sensors in my winecellar and livingroom, and I can set the alarm on/off, and he’’ I build this all by myselff !
And later I can add more sensors, like the moisture for my garden… an expandable system.
I can even easy share sensor data with my neighbors/friends with that app, post a graph on social media ect.

Something like that :sunglasses: my interpretation,possibly not TTN’s

So that’s a whole new and different market … the ‘home’ market

• class C is here … ’ hey Google, what’s the temperature on my terras’ and then you get a spoken answer, just talk to your sensors, to the network :wink:
5 Likes

When the sales start on RS, can we buy it also as a private customer ? Or should I contact my work to buy one for me ?

Wienke ‏ @ wienke (https://twitter.com/wienke/status/1093816477088546818)

We are launching a $69 # LoRaWAN 8-channel gateway next week! LoRaWAN network management service is included in the price! Sign up here to be the first to know when and where you can buy it: http://eepurl.com/ggJgEr

4 Likes

Today I have been working in class with the Gemtec gateway combined with a DIY gateway on the roof of our university. It has run perfect. OTAA, downlink, all.

7 Likes

Great to hear!

1 Like