New gateway: The Things Indoor Gateway

I think so. Maybe they discovered that this gateway is mostly bought by hobbyists…

1 Like

Don’t think that hobbyists buy at RS components.
Probably someone at RS waked up…

1 Like

Hi Jeff, bizarre picture from RS today for me too, I ordered just one and yesterday the system showed the item as being shipped - no emails nothing, I called RS today and it seems they have had many people chasing this. They then seemed to reference a ‘list’ of those who are getting their order shipped this week, whilst on the phone she checked my order and said I was on the list and that I should get it next Monday.

I should say I was ready to cancel me order too, will update next Monday.

Things seem to be a mess at RS

1 Like

Normally maybe not, but this gateway is sold only there and the price is appealing for private people… they are not used :slight_smile: .

RS must be reading this thread, just seconds ago I got an email 'Despatch Notification’

We will see…

1 Like

13 mins ago I received another email…either really chaotic at RS or Wienke worked his magic fast!

Can I trust this…is it real…do I stay home to receive or go work to pay for it all! :slight_smile: Ok stay home and trust to fate…will post pics if/when they arrive :rofl:

Not sure what I will do with 30 tooth Bevel Gears mind you! :-):laughing:

5 Likes

Snap!!!

2 Likes

News from my RS express order: No news.
Got just an automated standard “we received your order” email.
Got no delivery due date yet.

Website still says next business day. Stock decreased to 36, was 52 yesterday. Looks like TTIG sells pretty fast, would be great if it would be delivered as fast.

Delivery date for box of 100 is now 11.06.2019.

Maybe they had only 1 box of 100 on stock, and this week someone decided to break this up in single pcs…

…so could be good idea to order now, before the 100 pcs on stock ran out…

@Verkehrsrot @Jeff-UK thanks for all this feedback. Can you keep us posted here on if you received the package. Everything should be in good shape now.

2 Likes

Looking hopeful! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Santa arrived…not sure what to do with it be hey :wink:

No paperwork, ok, no power plug either, hmmm

How do we get a UK power plug?

20190328_105520709_iOS

3 Likes

Wow, looks like you made it first of all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just use USB-C Cable and power outlet, it can be powered by USB-C. Draws ~1 Watt.

2 Likes

What is under the sticker? Still “TABS”?

1 Like

I assume you mean the main sticker…20190328_111155642_iOS

2 Likes

ouch - at TTN conf i was told they had no more EU gateways on stock.
(But at last did get one).

1 Like

New state: Got order confirmation. Says will be sent out today. Looks like they finally found or got stock.

Voraussichtliches Versanddatum 28.3.2019

Sounds like original Laird Sentrius problem of having to use (unreliable connections!) ‘shaver adapters’? They finally changed/added UK plug option - due soon :slight_smile: Now for TTI! :wink:

I assume this means Storrs/Dungworth/Damsflask Reservoir valley area will have additional coverage shortly! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They shipped and they have the correct article description now.
Finally…

RS Artikelnummer Menge Beschreibung
1843981 1 The Things Indoor Gateway, 868MHz
2 Likes

Stock comes from united kingdom, hopefully they get it over the channel before Brexit…

Aufkleber erstellt 28.03.2019 14:02 United Kingdom
Auftrag verarbeitet: Für UPS bereit

4 Likes