TTN Atlanta

This is a page for The Things Network community in Atlanta.

1 Like

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/community/atlanta/ (ok I’ll do it :wink: )

I’m the new core team (lead?) for Atlanta. We have some great new momentum behind the Atlanta community, and I also want to set up a subcategory here for our Atlanta group. I think we’ve completed the requirements to be an “official” community!

We have TWO meetups coming up in the next couple of weeks to educate folks about TTN and how to get going:

1. August 1 - https://www.meetup.com/Greater-Atlanta-Internet-of-Things/events/252666138/
  2. August 6? - https://www.meetup.com/atlantaIntelligentDevices/ (check back for meeting details)

Please help spread the word and come by one or both of these if you’re anywhere from TTN-curious to TTN expert!

1 Like

Thanks, @BoRRoZ!

1 Like

Update: Due to lack of a venue, the August 6 Meetup will not be held. :frowning:

Any interest in putting together a southeastern regional TTN meetup? I’m sure I could get a few of our contributors from Birmingham to attend. At the very least, I’d love to meet that ATL team!

1 Like

I’d be interested in getting us together. Where were you thinking? ATL area? Any ideas for an agenda?

Probably ATL area, as your group is bigger than ours. Happy to come to you.

As far as an agenda goes, I think we’d like to discuss a few areas:

1. Introductions. A little time to get to know each other, our backgrounds, what brought us to TTN in the first place.

2. Community building. Who are you partnering with? What’s working, what isn’t? How do you identify and onboard new partners in your area?

3. Use cases. What have you already rolled out? What are you planning for the next 6-12 months?

4. Hardware. Anything you are using that works particularly well or that we should steer clear of?

How does that sound? If we want to make it a southeast regional thing, maybe we should get in touch with the other community initiators in the region? Looks like there are communities that have made varying degrees of progress (progress meaning more than one member, or at least one gateway) in Charlotte, Raleigh, Charleston, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Gainesville, Orlando, Palm Beach and Broward County.

If an in person meetup isn’t feasible for a bigger group, maybe we start with an ATL + BHM meeting and then host a bigger one via Google Hangouts or something?

– Nathan

Hi Nathan, sorry - things have gotten really busy for me. I like your suggestions. Let’s think of a time to discuss in the next week or so. I’m out of pocket until ~Weds 10/3 but maybe after that?

Tonight I just noticed another new gateway in my area. Clicking on the icon on the map (on thethingsnetwork.org), It’s actually labeled as a Things Conference Freebie / Gemtek gateway! I don’t see any owner information, so how do I (a) find out whose gateway it is, or (b) find out who else from my area went to TTC?

FYI - this is in Brookhaven, next to Atlanta, GA USA.

Found him - thanks to Laurens for the help.